I was just wondering, is it possible to rewire a footswitch so that it enables a boost function as opposed to the reverb?

Cheers.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Understand that a reverb pedal, for example, has components that give it that unique and specific function. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but for the headache you'd encounter, it'd be much easier just to purchase a boost pedal. You'd be working with a printed circuit board and likely not have the schematic. Not totally impossible for an electronics guru, but it could turn into a nightmare.
Quote by (insertnamehere
I was just wondering, is it possible to rewire a footswitch so that it enables a boost function as opposed to the reverb?

Cheers.

If it's an amp footswitch that activates reverb the easy answer is not really. The footswitch itself does little but make or break a contact that activates another circuit in the amp (in this case reverb) usually by enabling a relay. In order to activate something the circuit for it has to be there to start with! That being said, if you had a boost jack on your amp, chances are a standard 1/4" jack fllor switch would activate it.
If no boost jack, you'd have to seriously modify your amp to try and accomplish this!
A boost pedal or overdrive is the easiest solution here as mentioned byKG6_Steven

ON a side note, years ago, Fender sold a liitle thing called a cube (looked like a blue ice cube!) thta plugged into the reverbn in/out jacks that normally went to your reverb spring tank. It was supposed to provide something extra in the way of output and make a Twin hotter but the person I knew who had one didn't seem to notice any real difference.
Moving on.....
Ok guys, thanks for that.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues