Page 1 of 2
I have a buddy who is selling a JS30RR Rhoads for $120. This seems like a great deal to me, but I don't want it if I'm not gonna like it. I have a Dean MLX right now. I'm big into palm muting, and I am afraid that the Jackson will feel akward to play and won't have a high enough bridge to palm mute well.

Suggestions?
For that beauty that cash is definatelly work it. Man i would get it. Even if you don't use it it's an awesome wall decoration. OR you could sell it on for double the price.
yeah its a nice guitar, i'm thinking about getting different pups though cus these are a bit muddy but its definitely very nice to play
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Quote by HIM%(^
if its a jackson..then no.

Dude.....get a life seriously
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Dude.....get a life seriously

says the man with the 15 watt..peavey. I have a life, but thanks.
even though this is a low end jackson its worth 120
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by HIM%(^
says the man with the 15 watt..peavey. I have a life, but thanks.

Thanks but im not telling someone not to get a guitar just because of the brand name

The peavey works fine for me as I am still learning the instrument and im not jamming or gigging yet.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
what i was saying was that if one were to look at jackson as a brand, their guitars are completely non versatile, and their sustain is normally crap. find me a legitimate guitarist who actually uses a jackson.
hmmmm Im out of the discussion at this point as I dont really pay attention to who uses jackson someone else can take over from here.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by HIM%(^
what i was saying was that if one were to look at jackson as a brand, their guitars are completely non versatile, and their sustain is normally crap. find me a legitimate guitarist who actually uses a jackson.

the end made me think. good job sir.
Quote by HIM%(^

Marty Friedman just off the top of my head uses Jacksons.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by HIM%(^

ok...
to TS, yea, get it if you want it, it's nothing amazing, but for the price it's okay...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by Soul Eater

Dave Mustaine used to before he switched to dean.

Hell randy rhoads has a whole guitar line dedicated to him from jackson so if hes not a legit guitarist I dont know who is. He used to take lessons and end up teaching all the classical guitar teachers instead of them teaching him.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Soul Eater

he actually uses an ibanez..he has a model that they made just for him..but nice try. when he DID use jacksons, that was back in the 80s before they merged with fender and became complete crap..
Quote by HIM%(^

You are a fool.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Dave Mustaine

he doenst even know what the word sustain means. legitimate-vai, satch, petrucci, ect.
This man speaks the truth. Jackson is not meant to be versatile at all. (I play a JS series warrior, so I know)
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Quote by HIM%(^
he actually uses an ibanez..he has a model that they made just for him..but nice try. when he DID use jacksons, that was back in the 80s before they merged with fender and became complete crap..

it was 90's, and what you just said is plain stupid and ignorant..
Quote by ComradeIronMan
This man speaks the truth. Jackson is not meant to be versatile at all. (I play a JS series warrior, so I know)

and not every jackson is a warrior, my HSS dinky is pretty versatile so there you go...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by HIM%(^

Marty Friedman
Randy Rhoads
Slash used one occasionally in his club days
Kerry King
Dave Mustaine

Quote by HIM%(^

he doenst even know what the word sustain means. legitimate-vai, satch, petrucci, ect.

Dude, just stop trolling.

The "Big 5", Vai, Satch, Petrucci, Gilbert and Malmsteen all have their respectable signature guitars.
They aren't the only people who can play guitar.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by 666_Belial
it was 90's, and what you just said is plain stupid and ignorant..

oh really..so why does he no longer use jacksons i wonder...It is quite obvious that ibanez, prs, and Ernie ball have all emerged to be the best mainstream guitar companies in the buisiness. jackson is on the same page as bc rich as far as im concerned.
Quote by HIM%(^

Im sorry im done talking with this guy he obviously has no idea what hes talking about
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by HIM%(^
oh really..so why does he no longer use jacksons i wonder...It is quite obvious that ibanez, prs, and Ernie ball have all emerged to be the best mainstream guitar companies in the buisiness. jackson is on the same page as bc rich as far as im concerned.

You fool, Fender and Gibson are still miles ahead of both of those companies.
Quote by ComradeIronMan

You play a crap low end model,so you're opinion is completely invalid.Some of their models are versatile,some aren't,just like any company.If you can't get versatility out of a 24 fret HSS config guitar then you need to sit down and evaluate yourself as a musician.Play some of their MIA models or anything pre-fender and you'll find that they're nice guitars.If we're gonna start talking about Jackson's issues why not address things like how Ibanez uses **** pups on 90% of their models or how BC Rich always makes brutal shapes or how Gibson and fender have been turning out the same models for decades? Oh wait,this is UG,I forgot that all these topics have been discussed to pointless lengths and nothing came of it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You play a crap low end model,so you're opinion is completely invalid.Some of their models are versatile,some aren't,just like any company.If you can't get versatility out of a 24 fret HSS config guitar then you need to sit down and evaluate yourself as a musician.Play some of their MIA models or anything pre-fender and you'll find that they're nice guitars.If we're gonna start talking about Jackson's issues why not address things like how Ibanez uses **** pups on 90% of their models or how BC Rich always makes brutal shapes or how Gibson and fender have been turning out the same models for decades? Oh wait,this is UG,I forgot that all these topics have been discussed to pointless lengths and nothing came of it.

I agree with this guy every brand has crap models and arguing about it is completley pointless as brand is preference of each player so its basically all opinion just like music taste.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by GameMaster366
I have a buddy who is selling a JS30RR Rhoads for $120. This seems like a great deal to me, but I don't want it if I'm not gonna like it. I have a Dean MLX right now. I'm big into palm muting, and I am afraid that the Jackson will feel akward to play and won't have a high enough bridge to palm mute well.

Suggestions?

I'd take it then maybe sell it on for more. You probably could, but I don't know how much these go for in the US market second hand.

As for Jackson players, there are loads. Mark Morton, Randy Rhoads, Phil Collens, Phil Demmel, Marty Friedman and Dave Mustained used to, Adrian Smith just signed up. Steve Vai used to use Jackson guitars too!
I believe I saw one of those sell in my local shop last week for $299 new
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I have the most versatile Jackson ever, however it is not stock. How many Jacksons have you heard that can sound almost exactly like a Tele but also can do the heaviest of metal. Such a nice neck!
If you like the way the neck feels, go for it. The hardware and electronics might not be amazing but it's still a good deal.

Don't listen to HIM, you shouldn't buy a guitar because john petrucci or steve vai uses it. You should buy it because you like the way it feels and sounds.

Btw, HIM, to name a couple; ever heard of this guy called Adrian Smith? Or maybe Matt Tuck? Perhaps you've also heard of the band Lamb of God? All of them use jackson guitars.

I would stay away from the JS series as you already have a $200 guitar and keep saving.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Pr0gNut
Play some of their MIA models or anything pre-fender and you'll find that they're nice guitars.If we're gonna start talking about Jackson's issues why not address things like how Ibanez uses **** pups on 90% of their models or how BC Rich always makes brutal shapes or how Gibson and fender have been turning out the same models for decades?

The thing is, I can't get ahold of anything pre-fender. I played a slsmg, but it could not take cleans at all. A $1000 should be good for more than just one thing, but maybe it's just my personal opinion on it.

Also, you might note that he's going for a JS series guitar, which is what I was actually complaining about in the first place, I just didn't make it very clear. (my bad)

Amusingly, I complain quite alot about the other stuff you're talking about.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Last edited by ComradeIronMan at Feb 1, 2009,
Matt Tuck uses Jackson.

Corey from Trivium used to.

Everyone probalby hates these two though :/

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ComradeIronMan
The thing is, I can't get ahold of anything pre-fender. I played a slsmg, but it could not take cleans at all. A $1000 should be good for more than just one thing, but maybe it's just my personal opinion on it.

Also, you might note that he's going for a JS series guitar, which is what I was actually complaining about in the first place, I just didn't make it very clear. (my bad)

Amusingly, I complain quite alot about the other stuff you're talking about.

I see,the pre-fender and MIA models are what the company should really be judged by IMO and I did kinda lash out at you because of the general douche-baggery of another poster,and for that I apologize.The main reason people think they lack versatility is that either they don't know how to EQ right,or the model they played used some of the less than spectacular SD single coils.I swapped the duncans in my MIJ Jackson dinky for some DiMarzio pups and now it sounds the way it was meant to,before the single coil tones were thin and trebely and the JB in the bridge wasn't powerful enough for me,so I can understand where you're coming from.

I think everybody on UG has complained about the things I listed at the end at one point hahah.Traditionalists hate the BC shapes,metal guitarists want more metal oriented LP's,and nobody likes having to replace the pups on a 1000 dollar guitar because Ibanez didn't want to put real DiMarzios in it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Marty Friedman
Randy Rhoads
Slash used one occasionally in his club days
Kerry King
Dave Mustaine

Dude, just stop trolling.

The "Big 5", Vai, Satch, Petrucci, Gilbert and Malmsteen all have their respectable signature guitars.
They aren't the only people who can play guitar.

It was a Jackson with an Explorer kinda form. Cant remember the name though.

He only used it because he traded his LP for smack.
Quote by Zyl
It was a Jackson with an Explorer kinda form. Cant remember the name though.

He only used it because he traded his LP for smack.

He also used bc rich in the clubs but it sounded like crap when he recorded with it so his tech picked up a custom LP handmade by this guy in la he only made a limited number too.

Just a little slash history lesson for you all
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
don't

not only is jackson quality control reallllllly poor but it's a low level model jackson

i had one and sold it as soon as i could, the jackson designed pick-ups are incredibly muddy but you can't play it sitting down without extreme uncomfortability.

But yeah it'll make a great wall decoration.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Quote by Lethal Dosage