I play rock (Led Zep, Rush) blues (SRV, jimi) and some jazz (miles davis). I'm looking for a new guitar that can playall of these genres in the price range of 300$-600$. Thanks in advance.
amp???
edit: read your profile, get a better amp first
Last edited by randomhero93 at Feb 1, 2009,
i play mostly blues and jazz too, and i own a ibanez af75 which is excellent and inexpensive. my main axe though is a tribute by g&l s-500 which is amazing i love that guitar so much, it absolutely blows a american standard strat out of the water, i say either one of those would be good, but definitely consider S-500
This is going to sound odd, but I use a Rickenbacker amp that is probably about 30 years old. It gives me a great sound and sounds awesome with my Ibanez Tubescreamer. I also own a dunlop crybaby wah wah.
Quote by Rising Shadow
This is going to sound odd, but I use a Rickenbacker amp that is probably about 30 years old. It gives me a great sound and sounds awesome with my Ibanez Tubescreamer. I also own a dunlop crybaby wah wah.

ah... i read your profile, says you have a spider III 15W...
i got the prs se custom, works great for rush stuff, pretty good for just about anything in my opinion anyways.
ibanez rocks
with a good enough amp, any decent guitar will get you into the territories you want. naturally some will be more attuned to a particular style, but it depends on what kind of sound you want for each genre you play.

for example, both les pauls and stratocasters are great for blues and rock, but it comes down to your own preference. don't be afraid to try out different combinations, and consider waiting a bit and saving up moneyso you can buy exactly what you want.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.