i think the epi LPs are generally better quality than the SGs. plus, SGs are neck heavy whereas LPs hang nicely.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Les Paul Custom in Alpine White = the s***
Get it nao.
/thread

But seriously, the Les Paul might be a bit warm for you, maybe (?). I don't really have a clue. Wait, what amp are you using right now?

EDIT: Please don't go out and buy a guitar on looks alone. Go out and try both of them; see which one you like. If you can't go out and try them, try to get clips of the guitars off youtube or your friends, maybe.
Last edited by myXchem at Feb 1, 2009,
les paul is better suited to what you want to play and with something like a vox ac30 you should get the british sound but that's going of the topic
I vote epiphone dot. or the les paul. the epiphone SGs i have played did not feel right.
k well the epi is far more than the sg, and it is probably also better for your music style, for the same price as the lp you could go for a fender jag or tele custom
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
yea, les paul... OBAMA!!!!! cause the less paul seams like it would OBAMA!!!! do better, but its all persenal prefrence... i sugest trying the bolth out...
Quote by loudog93
I vote epiphone dot. or the les paul. the epiphone SGs i have played did not feel right.

Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
k well the epi is far more than the sg, and it is probably also better for your music style, for the same price as the lp you could go for a fender jag or tele custom

+1 on the Epiphone Dot and the Jag (try the Fender Jaguar HH). The Tele might be too trebly though. Again, expand your horizons and try more guitars in your price range.
If you want an Sg and a Les Paul Custom why not get the Sg Custom?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
If you want an Sg and a Les Paul Custom why not get the Sg Custom?

the colour is terrible i wouldn't mind one aslong as it was available in other colours
i tried out some SG's yesterday at GC and i didnt like them at all, i also tried a Epiphone standard that felt and played nice, i go with the LP over the SG any day.
I've owned two SGs and four Les Pauls. SGs are lighter but have that aformentioned neck balance issue. Les Pauls tend to be on the heavy side and may be a bit much for a long gig. What about a Fender?
Quote by myXchem
Les Paul Custom in Alpine White = the s***
Get it nao.
/thread

But seriously, the Les Paul might be a bit warm for you, maybe (?). I don't really have a clue. Wait, what amp are you using right now?

EDIT: Please don't go out and buy a guitar on looks alone. Go out and try both of them; see which one you like. If you can't go out and try them, try to get clips of the guitars off youtube or your friends, maybe.

I live 1000 km from the nearest guitar shop, were I live all you can buy is strat nock offs and picks,

I however tried both guitars out and like both the same
Quote by LabradorBassist
I live 1000 km from the nearest guitar shop, were I live all you can buy is strat nock offs and picks,

Look for a online guitar website, and just pray that the guitar u want is good
Quote by LabradorBassist

What part of the world do you live in?