I just wanted to hear people's opinion on this matter. Which of these two make better strings? Especially for someone like me who likes to play metal...and yes, I have used both of them, and I can't seem to decide. That's why I'm asking you guys.
i would change the thread title before some asshole reports you for a vs thread

and im a dunlop man myself
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
i would change the thread title before some asshole reports you for a vs thread

and im a dunlop man myself

Yeah...I'm kind of still a noob at this forum stuff. So would you mind telling me how to change the thread title?
Quote by jaypalthrasher
Yeah...I'm kind of still a noob at this forum stuff. So would you mind telling me how to change the thread title?

err ... i have no idea XD
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
err ... i have no idea XD

Hahaha...well..do you know what kinda trouble I'll get in for posting a versus thread?
they're strings.

I mainly use d'addario simply because they make the gauges that i like best. 13-56
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Whatever feels right for you dude. Give them time and see what ones last longer if that'll help you decide. I myself can't play Ernie Balls, they'll rust within a week with me. I've tried tons of strings, and I honestly prefer the Elixir Nanowebs over anything I've tried so far. It all comes down to preferance just like anything else. Some peoples sweat also causes rust faster than others, not only on strings, but on the hardware itself as well, so you're the only one who can really decide.
Eh, You're talking to a DR guy here! (I personally hate Ernie Balls), but give them both a try and see which you like best.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
Eh, You're talking to a DR guy here! (I personally hate Ernie Balls), but give them both a try and see which you like best.
If you read his post would would have found that he has tried both.

OP, I am just wondering... why do you need too ask us? Learn to make decisions yourself, and not care about what is "popular" or anything. Use what you like.

But anyway, here s my opinion. EB's sound better, and Dunlop's feel better.
Quote by jaypalthrasher

Edit the original post and change what the title says.

I loathe Ernie Ball strings, but have never tried Dunlop. I'd imagine they're probably better. Personally I use Dean Markley.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 1, 2009,
I've tried dozens of strings and I personally don't recommend either one. If you want to, try some Cleartones, they make Elixer their bitch and they last longer. They cost about twice as much as others strings but are cheaper than Elixer and they last 3-5 times longer than the D' Addario's I used to use. Otherwise, I would go with Ernie Ball cause they sound better but they don't last very long. The last pair I used were worn down to the point of being unusable after about 8 hours of continuous playing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've been around the block a few times and I'm currently back to Ernie Ball.

I like them because I'm not a fan of brand new strings and EB's age a little faster than others.
Ernie Ball hands down. Dunlop strings are awful. Tried them and they were garbage
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
dunlop strings gave me some mad metal splinter (not as awesome as it sounds)
I use d'addario 10's because they were on my guitar when i got them and I thought they were pretty cool.

btw are elixir strings any good? I have to change mine a lot and its costing a bit
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by technical death
i use ernie balls super slinkys RPS .009 gauge . just got them last week. they are not bad for 5 bucks a pop. good for speed and control as I like to play music by bands like Decrepit Birth, necrophagist, anata, etc.

they don't get really slack when you downtune?
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
i use d'adderio 10 -52 but i buy dunlops when i can find em, dunno why they dont sell em much around here..hard to find!
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Lol bro...Im going to try dunlops and say what I think...im a little bit of a newb at guitar tbh but I will get lessons soon (I know basics though, like what a sixteenth note is, etc...).
I prefer Ernie Ball strings. Dunlop are cheaper and come in 6 packs, so if I want to save money I go for Dunlop. But Ernie Ball seem to last longer and break-in quicker than Dunlop.
Hope this Helps
-Kevin