As the title says, I am buying a Fender standard Stratocaster (mexican) and I can either get an older 2006 model for £320 or one of the new 2009 models for £370. As far as I can tell, the differences are completly aesthetic, but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

Thanks.
i think you should try to get a pre-2006 model. they have much nicer necks.

the differences on the 2009 model are aesthetic as far as i know, and the only reason for the higher price is because the pound is weaker against the dollar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

the differences on the 2009 model are aesthetic as far as i know, and the only reason for the higher price is because the pound is weaker against the dollar.

Ok, in what sort of way are the pre-2006 models nicer?
Quote by Blompcube

No, that is not the reason at all. New Fenders are more expensive world wide. Fender has upped all their prices starting today by 30% I believe. My 2000 MIM Strat cost $300 new, now they cost $450 I believe.
Quote by eurotrashed
No, that is not the reason at all. New Fenders are more expensive world wide. Fender has upped all their prices starting today by 30% I believe. My 2000 MIM Strat cost $300 new, now they cost $450 I believe.

i mean in the UK the prices already went up by 10% on the 1st of december 2008 to account for the exchange rate.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.