i have a problem that is driving me insane

at school we use solaris and we do our code and everything in xemacs then we save it and do CC nameofprogram.cpp and that will give me something called a.out that i can run and see if it works

i have windows at home and im using vmware to run a solaris image and is pissing me off the damm mouse icon seems to dissapear for no damm reason everytime im coding or something and is a pain in the ass

so i want to avoid that trouble and i was thinking what if i make my life a little easier and get something to do c++ in my computer and then compile it but since this is something new to me i dont know how to go about doing that or what programs do i need it and if i compile in windows will i be able to run it on solaris

so basically my questions are what is a good editor or program that i can use to write or edit my code in .cpp format for windows?

what is a good compiler i can get to compile my program and be able it later on to run it on solaris?

any help is appreciated i really need help asap X_X since im 3 homework assigments late
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
For C++ in windows, get Microsoft Visual C++.

But if you're talking about programming in DOS from a program that'll run in windows, then i suggest something like Turbo C++ 3.1 or so.

Since you're talking about solaris, i say go visual c++ ! It's got everything you need. Although if you're going to buy it, the price is steep.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Feb 1, 2009,
Visual C++. It's the standard everyone uses.

i have microsoft visual c++ 2008 version but i dont know how to compile the program in this or if i need an extra program to compile it and if i do compile it how can i make it work under solaris
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
If your learning this **** to get a job, you should know how to use c and c++ on a variety of programs

If you want to make a game or something I like codeblocks for a compiler package and c++ for a language.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
If you don't know how to compile oh boy, i suggest looking up online tutorials.

Are you learning c++ in school or just messing with it ? Cause compiling is well, choosing the compile option. But you need to have your program written out properly. You need to know how to program in c++ in a GUI environment.

Tutorials or a teacher...

EDIT: Look through that http://cplus.about.com/od/learning1/ss/clessonone.htm
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by stefan1988
i have microsoft visual c++ 2008 version but i dont know how to compile the program in this or if i need an extra program to compile it and if i do compile it how can i make it work under solaris

If it's Visual Studio, it's got everything you need built in. To compile code I'm pretty sure you have to have it in a project, not just as a single source file.
Quote by frottage
I use Dev-C++, I think it's pretty good. It's free at least.

And you can compile single source files. The only problem is the debugger, it's lacking to say the least. :/
Quote by Kenny77
And you can compile single source files. The only problem is the debugger, it's lacking to say the least. :/

Yeah, I'm kind of a n00b to C++, but my dad's a programmer, and he was kind of wtf at it when I tried debugging a code I wrote.
If you don't know how to compile oh boy, i suggest looking up online tutorials.

Are you learning c++ in school or just messing with it ? Cause compiling is well, choosing the compile option. But you need to have your program written out properly. You need to know how to program in c++ in a GUI environment.

Tutorials or a teacher...

EDIT: Look through that http://cplus.about.com/od/learning1/ss/clessonone.htm

i do know how to compile in solaris we just use the comand CC nameofile.cpp and it will create something called a.out that you can just simply type in the command window and will run the code in the terminal i can do that perfectly at school but im trying to use a image on vmware of solaris and is not working for me it gives me all sorts of trouble so thats why i need to know how to compile a program in windows so i can test it there but also that it works on solaris in the unix environment

EDiT:

If it's Visual Studio, it's got everything you need built in. To compile code I'm pretty sure you have to have it in a project, not just as a single source file.

where is that option >_<
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 express edition is a great compiler and completely free. When you save and compile, you automatically get a .cpp file.

edit: At the start page, click "Project" to the right of "Create".
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Last edited by HuckIt at Feb 1, 2009,
just to let u know..MOST programming job if ur going for one use linux or windows.. few do actually use solaris..
i would recommend reading the c++ tuts online for MS Visual..
last job was all linux based..used to windows..used google for about 4-5 hours got the hang of it
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=