Sry, couldn't think of a better title for this thread. There have been rumors going around about Trivium leaving Dean for different reasons, but I think I may have found the answer/truth to this. While browsing pictures on Trivium's Myspace, I found this...

I'm not sure what this means, if anything. That's a DBZ guitar that he is holding (Personally I think it's ugly, but whatev) so technically they would still be with Dean if that picture means what I think it does.

Discuss.

EDIT: That was taken at Starbucks, not at NAMM or any other guitar convention.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Feb 1, 2009,
check the trivium thread dude. they've been talking about their potential new endorsements in there a lot lately.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

I like Trivium's guitar playing, but I'm not Dean fan, and seeing a body that skinny around the pickups just makes me shudder.
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp
Who takes expensive guitars with them to Starbucks?
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
Butt fugly, needs to go back to Jackson
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Narchbishop

+1

That's my real question.
Quote by insatyrguitar
body that skinny around the pickups just makes me shudder.

It's not as skinny as it looks. They're using a three dimensional carving/binding and from that angle it looks skinnier than it really is. Still I do not like that body style (Called the Bird of Prey), but if the overall body size was increased maybe 25% and the top horn was a little bigger.... it could look pretty badass
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

go to jacksonguitars.com it says trivium is signed by dean and in their new video Matt is using is Les Paul and Corey is using a jackson..and im pretty sure this is why they left dean or got kicked off dean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFQV8Rprlg&feature=related matt breaks a guitar and corey and matt say "what are these made out of ****?" so they either left of they got kicked off
TS in what way are you endorsed by dean ?
is it free guitars or slight discount kind of endorsement?
Quote by Pac_man0123
DBZ guitars are the new guitars from the guy that owns Dean, idk his full name.

His name is Dean Zelinsky. He officially left Dean for good a few months back because he HATED where the company was going. He then started DBZ guitars, which is what Cory Beaulieu is holding in that picture.
Quote by Pac_man0123
DBZ guitars are the new guitars from the guy that owns Dean, idk his full name.

Dean Zelinksy, not sure on his middle name.

And about the endorsement.
Currently I receive discounts on Dean Guitars. All merch is free, unless I randomly want a **** ton of it for no reason. If I was currently in a stable, touring band I would receive "1.3 guitars per consecutive year" from their imported line, my choice
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

^how'd you get that? you must be in-****ing-sane on guitar.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
so corey uses either DBZ or Jackson. and matt has left Dean and made a deal with someone else. i doubt it would be Gibson. even though he uses an LP in the new vid he has used them before in some of the Ascendancy videos
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by Mwoit
+1

That's my real question.
There are usually Starbucks inside of other business' like large book stores so he, or someone else, was probably doing a signing or meet and greet.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by DaveTheRiffahh
I kno matt isntendorsed by gibson but he still uses them..i think they should go with ESP

i dunno if they would go with ESP... okay Metallica use them but that was mainly because Gibson were being slow about making their custom models and ESP who obviously wanted to use them for marketing, got the job done quickest
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by tukk04
i still think their dean sigs are awsome

I would like heafy's better if the input jack wasn't on the side of the horn
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

They're not with any company at this time, they're both still undecided. If you want any info, then try going on the Trivium forum, I'm sure all the info is over there before most other places.
Quote by DaveTheRiffahh
go to jacksonguitars.com it says trivium is signed by dean and in their new video Matt is using is Les Paul and Corey is using a jackson..and im pretty sure this is why they left dean or got kicked off dean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFQV8Rprlg&feature=related matt breaks a guitar and corey and matt say "what are these made out of ****?" so they either left of they got kicked off

LOL that is hillarious. That is pretty insane how it broke so easily.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777

That was in Dundee, I was supposed to go but I couldn't get time off work
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Narchbishop

It's like those people that take their laptops into Starbucks and write novels. Except this is with a guitar.
Quote by Necrophagist777

In all fairness, almost any guitar would break if it fell like that. The volute is a weak area on a guitar to begin with, and the locking nut doesn't help any. Since it sticks out further than anything else on the neck/headstock it hit the ground first. All the force of the guitar falling would be concentrated at that point, where the neck it weakest
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
In all fairness, almost any guitar would break if it fell like that. The volute is a weak area on a guitar to begin with, and the locking nut doesn't help any. Since it sticks out further than anything else on the neck/headstock it hit the ground first. All the force of the guitar falling would be concentrated at that point, where the neck it weakest

And you gotta figure, Trivium's guitars probably go through a lot of abuse too.