Ok I am starting this thread as I am getting everything together to build my own 4x12 slant. I am also posting this as I want to get everyone's input on the parts that are used. My brother-in-laws father-in-law is a professional cabinet maker and he will be helping me out with this cab. It will be great as I will access to him and his work shop.

So a little history of what I am looking for....I am looking to build this 4x12 to handle a good range of tones/sounds(mostly Metallica, Stone Sour, Slip Knot and Bullet for my Valentine) so first up is wood selection. Here is what I am looking at so far and this is for the entire cab.

The Plans for the cab come from a Marshall 1960 Slant. Here is a link if you want the plans. Marshall PDF If you can help I am really looking for plans for a Orange 4x12 slant.

Wood Selection
13 ply Baltic Birch
Solid Popular
Hybrid this is a popular core with a outer Birch ply (Steve suggested to use this)

16 Ohm Speaker selection
(Now I want to combo speakers in the 4x12 either in a cross pattern or top and bottom) Here are the choices. (right now leaning towards Vintage 30's & G12T @ 16 Ohms)
2-Vintage 30's
2-G12T-75
2-Wizards
2-Man-O-Wars
2-Texas Heats
2-Swap Thing

Wiring:
Mono
Stereo

Let me know your thoughts......As soon as the build starts I will update w/ good pics of the build... Also looking for a place to get good quality parts, Cab corners, handles, jacks and Tolex

theDogger
Last edited by theDogger at Feb 1, 2009,
anywood.
try and break one with your head.
if it doesnt break,
its the one.

vintage 30s.

stereo.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Wood doesn't matter as much as you think it does. Any birch plywood should do, really.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
birch plywood is common among most cabs on the market. i've also seen some krank cabs are made of pine.

check out mojo musicial supply for parts/tolex,etc..
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Feb 3, 2009,