Hi fellow bassists
I just found this bass amp at a local instrument store and found this

It's a Laney RB6 165W
The best part is that I get 10% discount because they give students discounts and stuff and I study there (the store also has a music school inside)

It's seems to be really nice and I'd like your opinion on that amp...

Thanks in advance
It should be a good amp, the only thing is, 65 watts is very awkward, its more than enough for bedroom practice but not enough to play with a drummer
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
It should be a good amp, the only thing is, 65 watts is very awkward, its more than enough for bedroom practice but not enough to play with a drummer

It's 165 watts not 65.
Quote by cedaguol
It's 165 watts not 65.

My mistake

Then yeah go for it
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
165?

what appears to be 15 inch speaker w/tweeter and more than 3 EQ knobs? yeah, go for it!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Oh and another thing... are 165 watts enough to play with a drummer? I don't intend to gig with it, just for band practice and stuff.
Last edited by cedaguol at Feb 1, 2009,
ya. it should be enough unless your drummer starts pounding away. If it has an extension speaker out you could look into a 2x12 or 4x10. But you shouldn't need it unless your drummer is really loud.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
165 for a band should be fine. You'll probably have to crank it if you play with 2 guitarists though, especially if they like distortion.
Two questions to consider:

How much does it weigh?

Is it too heavy for your wallet?

If you'll planning on moving it around a lot, you'll want to weight to be a bit on the light side. Judging by the tone control options and wattage, it seems like a solid buy.
Hi.
hmm. if you don't do any mid dropping, you should be ok.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I used to have the laney RB4 165W. Its a really good amp, i managed to get it for about £200 i think. Its fine for band practices but after a few gigs i realised i was never going to be loud enough. Now i own the RB8 300W.I'd go for that one if your going to be gigging. Weighs an absolute ton though =[
A friend of mine has one and it sounds a bit... trebley... sort of lacking in low-end.
Quote by Aidy Damage
A friend of mine has one and it sounds a bit... trebley... sort of lacking in low-end.

i genuinely worried at how bad this amp must be to lack low end with a 15" speaker
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I don't know what it was about it- it just sounded trebley and hollow to me- too much high mids.
Surely thats down to EQ.Like I said, I have the RB4 and RB8 and manage to get great sound out of it
Quote by Aidy Damage
I don't know what it was about it- it just sounded trebley and hollow to me- too much high mids.

oh really?

I like high mids.

but it could just have an unusually projective tweeter. not unusual.

if you had been playing through it with your Rick, having emphasized high mids will kill the fullness on those things (not that have a whole lot). it might sound better if you try it with a different bass.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Aidy Damage
It wasn't the Rick, it was a Bass Collection Speakeasy.

a who?

*googles*

ok...

hmmm. than it was not bassy enough. by the looks, that should get a good boom when you wanna boom.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard