Ive been reading about this 18v mod and I want to know if it works with Blackouts and if it will do anything since apparently they do not need it. Anyone tried it or know if will do anything for my tone?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
try it, thats the only way to find out...i think it might sound pretty good, but no matter what, it will have an effect on tone.

check out the 18v mod thread (search it) to see if anyones tried this.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Where could I find the voltage rating?

And I read through the 18v Mod thread and there was nothing about anuone actually doing this on their guitar.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
^strangely, its not there. i just checked...weird.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Its not there
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
try it...

if they expload take them back and demand new ones lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Umm.....no
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
since they are meant to be a direct swap for emgs, they should be able to handle it.

do you have a multimeter?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Blackouts were made to combat the 18v mod on EMGs. You shouldn't need to do it. I think I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't do much of anything
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
I believe we have a multimeter but I have no idea how to use it and my dad isnt home right now.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
I think I recall reading it that it can be done to them, but doesn't make a huge difference as w/ EMGs.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Seymour Duncan say that there is no appreciable difference of doing the 18V mod to blackouts

that said, you could email them and ask what the pups are rated at, and then try the mod your self.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man