So i just got a new pc and have installed firefox. However, when i try to use youtube or pretty much any other site it says i need adobe flash player. So when i try to download it, the download KEEPS freezing. Anybody got any ideas? or have had similar problems? thanks!

Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Try downloading it manually from the Adobe site instead of using the built-in plug-ins manager.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i have not downloaded any add-ons yet, and i am trying to download Adobe from that site!

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Manually download the Player.

You should have a red toolbox icon on your desktop that will run the install wizard.

All of your firefox plugins are here. You should just be able to click Download Now and then restart firefox.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Manually download the Player.

You should have a red toolbox icon on your desktop that will run the install wizard.

i have tried this! just keeps freezing, I am however downloading Itunes perfectly fine, so could it possibly be that Adobe is temp down?

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
so could it possibly be that Adobe is temp down?

maybe you're just a PC newb?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
maybe you're just a PC newb?

Cool man.

Quote by CoreysMonster
A plugin is not a major component software so you should not have to reboot your computer in order for it to work. You should only need to restart firefox.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
nope! nothing working guys, other things are downloading fine, but adobe keeps freezing whilst downloading.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Adobe's website always seems ridiculously slow to me, I was averaging 8KB/s when I downloaded Shockwave today, could just be their website being shit as normal.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
maybe ask in the firefox forum? or adobe forum?

EDIT: did you try re-installing firefox?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
ok i spose i have fixed it :P i simply went to filehippo.com and downloaded a slightly older version, works fine i guess. the older version i had no troubles with whatsoever :P thanks people. XxX

Quote by CoreysMonster
ok this is slightly off topic, but can anyone here get the videos off the top gear website to work? all i get is a black screen where the player should be. i have flash-block plug-in installed but after i unblock the flash all i get is a black space.

link to the videos is here:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos

any ideas?

halp pl0x

muchos appreciated!
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah