Hello!

Could someone please write me some cool ways to practice vibrato and bending. The only thing I know is bending like this

e-12-------
B-15fb-----

and the same on other strings.

But is there something more? especially I need some tips on practicing vibrato!

Any help is apreciated!
Just practice.

There's no magical way other then do 10000000000 repetitions to get it to feel like 2nd nature.

To get a nice vibrato, really listen to the speed and width of the sound/vibrato.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
a good way to practice bends is to use distortion and play the note you are bending up to as well as the note you are bending

it will sound like death until you get the bent note the right pitch

this is useful!
it'll sound crazy, but in the beginning until you develop your ear enough to be able to really tell when you're bending in pitch, plug it up to your tuner and bend until you bend half and full step, then lower it back down to pitch - repeat. Over and over until you get a feel for how far to bend and how much pressure to use.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
it'll sound crazy, but in the beginning until you develop your ear enough to be able to really tell when you're bending in pitch, plug it up to your tuner and bend until you bend half and full step, then lower it back down to pitch - repeat. Over and over until you get a feel for how far to bend and how much pressure to use.

I'd never thought of that, nice one
Practise, practise big bends that reach the desired note exactly, practise small 1/2 and 1/4 quick bends within licks, practise bending both ways.
For vibrato listen to the width and speed, you move your wrist for vibrato, not your fingers. I find that a slow subtle vibrato is most effective but its all personal preference
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
There's no best way to optimize practicing vibrato, it's simply a matter of making it second nature.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Practise, practise big bends that reach the desired note exactly, practise small 1/2 and 1/4 quick bends within licks, practise bending both ways.
For vibrato listen to the width and speed, you move your wrist for vibrato, not your fingers. I find that a slow subtle vibrato is most effective but its all personal preference

+1.

Control and imagination are two seperate things. Remember that bending is just a way of getting from note to note, and that note choice is going to play a big part in how "interesting" your bends sound. Try playing licks/melodies with as many bends as possible. It's easier to pitch things to a mental melody as well.
^^ those is good info

I'd like to add also TS.

Learn to bend perfect before attempting to go for "the ultimate vibrato".

Vibrato is bending up and down and needs control.

Bending trains the same muscles as used in vibrato, and if you can bend effortlessly you have MUCH more control over the width and speed of ur vibrato.

It's like if a vibrato is hard, you practice something which takes more effort, so when you come back it is easier.

A bit like the idea of playing on 0.11 gauge string, and then playing on 0.09 and suddenly have easy control.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 2, 2009,