Page 1 of 7
... how the blazes do I set it up?! It's currently in bits, with a seperate bridge piece.

Also, it won't seem to stay in tune...I've tried to tune the damn thing three times.

Anyone got any ideas?
If it is in pieces, how can you tune it?
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
......and i have a problem................GO TEAM!!!!!!!
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
google?
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Yeah, you google it. You do realise the shit youre going to get, lots from me? Good. Also, get lessons because you'll need them.

Coming to a thread near you!

*out of context reply*

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I can't help it, I'm just an atheistic violinist!
You set the bridge on, then put the strings on it. Make sure it's perpendicular to the body of the violin and that's it's parallel to the fingerboard.
pics please

for the tuning problem, you NEED the bridge, to set up the bridge, have the two little.... square ends? horizontally face the two small slips in the F hole,

also, you needa push the tuning pegs in HARD.
(no puns intended.)
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by REMfan1
Umm

www.ultimate-violin.com

But seriously, take it to a music store get them to have a gander at it

This.
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by minibrowny
Yeah, you google it. You do realise the shit youre going to get, lots from me? Good. Also, get lessons because you'll need them.

Coming to a thread near you!

*out of context reply*

Yet I go to church!
Quote by wair138
pics please

for the tuning problem, you NEED the bridge, to set up the bridge, have the two little.... square ends? horizontally face the two small slips in the F hole,

also, you needa push the tuning pegs in HARD.
(no puns intended.)

Thank you!
This isn't very difficult, just google a pic of a violin if you need help.

Also: when you tune it, push the tuning pegs in while you turn them.
Ok, she got her answer..is it going to be closed now?
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Ok, she got her answer..is it going to be closed now?

Course not, she needs more attention. And to tell more people about her life. And she hasn't mentioned shes a drummer yet. Or said she hates me yet.
Quote by minibrowny
Course not, she needs more attention. And to tell more people about her life. And she hasn't mentioned shes a drummer yet. Or said she hates me yet.

Lol, you're great!

EDIT: Lol @ above
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by minibrowny

I do hate you....you're annoying.
Quote by minibrowny

Or that she is an atheist...
*enters thread*

*sees makings of a flame war*

*pulls a civil war civilian and sits down to watch one side be crushed*
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
TS, no offense but you're going to suck for the first 2 years playing.

It's true for 99% of people who start playing violin- and in your case- EXTREMELY late.
First attach the tailpiece to the violin. There is a post in the back that you can remove, place the loop of the tailpiece on, and then tightly push the post back in.

The strings from low to high (left to right) are: G D A E. Assuming you have ball-end strings, place the ball between the fine tuners for all the strings.

Guide the G through the lower peg on the left and wind upward (counterclockwise). The D on the top peg. A on the top peg on the right and E on the bottom peg. Wind them just enough so that they don't fall off.

Place the bridge in between the f holes and under the strings. The bridge is arched unevenly. The higher side should be to the left, for the G string. Align the bridge with the horizontal point of the f holes. Prop the bridge up under the strings and place the strings in the right grooves. The bridge should also be perpendicular to the body, so adjust accordingly after tuning.

As for tuning, the pegs utilizes friction. For the initial wind up, pull the pegs out a little so that it is loose and wind to the approximate pitch. Then push the peg in to keep it in place. Now it is tight enough to fine tune with both the pegs and the fine tuners.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum

It's true for 99% of people who start playing violin- and in your case- EXTREMELY late.

That's why I started when I was younger..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by Xiaoxi
First attach the tailpiece to the violin. There is a post in the back that you can remove, place the loop of the tailpiece on, and then tightly push the post back in.

The strings from low to high (left to right) are: G D A E. Assuming you have ball-end strings, place the ball between the fine tuners for all the strings.

Guide the G through the lower peg on the left and wind upward (counterclockwise). The D on the top peg. A on the top peg on the right and E on the bottom peg. Wind them just enough so that they don't fall off.

Place the bridge in between the f holes and under the strings. The bridge is arched unevenly. The higher side should be to the left, for the G string. Align the bridge with the horizontal point of the f holes. Prop the bridge up under the strings and place the strings in the right grooves.

Thanks, doing this now.

You a violinist??
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Ah, the glories of soundproofing...
Quote by Twisted Magnum

So? I suck at guitar, doesn't keep me from playing it and spending ridiculous amounts of money on gear.