What are the main differences? I figure the main difference is that the AD is a lot brighter and trebly (like a Vox), and the Rocker 30 is darker. Why is the AD more expensive? And I thought the Rocker would be better for what i play, but I'm not sure now (mainly because there are a bunch of cheaper AD30 heads on ebay ). So, do you think the AD or the Rocker would be better to play Wolfmother, The Parlor Mob, and the White Stripes? Does the AD still have that Orange sound that I love? Thanks for the help guys!

I prefer the AD because it is more Vox-ish, but it definitely retains that Orange sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^Do you know anything about the sound of those bands i listed? Do you think the AD could cover that better than the Rocker?

I would push the hell out of an AD personally - with pedals etc.

You could have a range of versatile sounds together with more of the pure tone (coloured with the pedals).
I think the guy in Wolfmother used an AD140TC (the larger wattage version of the AD30TC) or a Thunderverb, so either head would be perfect. The extra EQ of the of AD makes it a bit more appealing, although the lack of FX loop in the AD series may put you off.
OR50>both of those.
Quote by imgooley
OR50>both of those.

Yes and also, OR50>my money too

So every one thinks AD would be better then?

Quote by RG_FANMAN
I think the guy in Wolfmother used an AD140TC (the larger wattage version of the AD30TC) or a Thunderverb, so either head would be perfect. The extra EQ of the of AD makes it a bit more appealing, although the lack of FX loop in the AD series may put you off.

I've heard that time based effects screw with the TT and don't work properly. If I put maybe a reverb and a delay in between my guitar and amp, would they work right or screw up like the TT since there's no loop?

Quote by imgooley
OR50>both of those.

I see the bank manager running for the hills.....
Quote by davedoom
I see the bank manager running for the hills.....

exactly, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread and already would have a 200w Thunderverb with matching 4x12 cab sitting in my band room

So which one is better for me, AD or Rocker? It's starting to sound like the AD to me...

Quote by imgooley
OR50>both of those.

In that case,

40th Anniversary Custom Shop head > OR50.
I tried both and I preferred the Rocker. The AD30 sounded a lot like if you made Queen tone heavier, and I don't like BM's tone anyway. I don't really know the bands you listed, but if they sound like a heavier Queen it's what your after.

Also, the Rocker 30 doesn't have an FX loop either.
Seriously, go for the rocker 30. The ad30 just isn't fit for the music you play ( plus, it doesn't sound that better than the rocker 30 to justify its steep price)
Quote by RG_FANMAN
although the lack of FX loop in the AD series may put you off.

rocker 30 doesn't have an effects loop if my memory serves me correct.

It's the rocker 50 that does
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
really? I could have sworn it does. I asked in a thread awhile ago and I got told it had an FX loop and channel switching, which was a major plus for the amp in my opinion.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
**Looks at Rocker 30 back**

Nope, no FX loop

thought so
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Damn, really? Crap...that's a deal breaker for me. I like using a lot of delay and reverb, which only sounds good post distortion, and if the Rocker nor the AD30s have FX loops, then that's kind of a no go for me.

But TS, I'd say Rocker 30 cuz it's a bit darker.
the rocker 30 is pimp daddy. its a rock amp straight up. it can get pretty heavy with the gain all the way but it will play some white stripes easily. get it. i love mine

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune