Alright I got some money saved up, and ive been wanting to get a new speaker for a good while now. I know theres an ultimate speaker thread but in the past whenever I tried posting in there single posts got overlooked fairly quickly, so I was hoping this would be faster and easier...

But anywayz... back to the subject. B-52 at100... I want a speaker to be able to handle a decent variety, but most everything I play is on the gain channel. AC/DC is my favorite band, but I love SRV, metallica, van halen, Iron maiden, etc...

And of course I know with my setup, and wanting a speaker that can do everything im not going to be able to match the tones very well, but like i said, I just want something
that can handle that.

My amp is 60 watts, so I wanted a speaker that was atleast 70 or 75 watts, and as of right now I was looking at the eminence swamp thang's, and black powder.

But if always trusted this forums opinion and was curious to what everyone else here thinks. Comments on the two I selected, or new ideas, anything would be great!

as always, thanks!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
112 you mean?

a 60 watt speaker would be fine, even if you crank your amp occasionally (which i doubt you do)

look at WGS veteran 30. I have on in my amp and it sounds amazing.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i own the at100 head and i play it thru the matching cabinet. im also intersted in other speaker configurations because i think the matching cab is very dark voiced for metal and i was wondering if a new cab would change that. a friend of mine uses a marshal 1960's slant cab or somthing like that and loves it.
I play through a 1960A cab with an AT100 head and it sounds fantastic. The cab was a little stiff at first, but now it's killer!

I don't know what the 112 sounds like as I haven't played it. If you do change the speaker, don't skimp, get a good speaker.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
I'd also look into warehouse speaker. A nice vintage30 clone would probably work pretty well.
WTLTL 2011
I would love the greenback, but unfortunately they only work in a cab. I would have to wire 3 of them together to be able to handle the wattage of my amp. I am liking the Veteran 30 from warehousespeakers.com (thats the site yall were talking about right?)

Over the past year or so, I lost my GAS and stopped comming to these forums and just focused on playing a lot more... So i feel like a forum newb all over again, hah.

But would the WGS Verteran 30 fit what I need you think? And ill definately take a look at those eminence suggestions someone posted about
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
So i was looking at these warehouse speakers and they seem very promising.

Can anyone comment on
http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=retro30_12
vs
http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=veteran30_12
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer