So today while changing strings, I noticed my B string won't come out. It'll come out of the tuner, but it won't g othrough the body. This also has a missing string ferrule, so that's likely the problem. how could I get it out? I've tried tweezers, and pushing it throug hthe body, and neither worked. Please hlep
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Quote by NemX162
Have you tried feeing it back in then out?

Well the thing is the ferrule basically keeps the string from being right next to the bridge... so without it, the ball end of the string is essentially right under the bridge, instead of about an inch under it, so there's really no room to slide it at all
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Try jerking it a couple of times with something that will fit in, like a toothpick.
Its jammed itself into the wood without the ferrule. Gonna need something stiffer than a toothpick to get it out. Maybe a small jewelers screwdriver if you dont have any really small pin punches.
a tiny paper clip would probably work, just be careful not to scratch anything.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by pwrmax
Try jerking it a couple of times with something that will fit in, like a toothpick.

Woo this worked, thanks man
I had to order the ferrule from guitar center today.. so it'll probably be here by the end of hte week
but, i already have all my strings off my guitar... do you think it'll be bad for the neck to have it string-less for a week?
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by trutrojan8
Woo this worked, thanks man
I had to order the ferrule from guitar center today.. so it'll probably be here by the end of hte week
but, i already have all my strings off my guitar... do you think it'll be bad for the neck to have it string-less for a week?

Ughh also I unscrewed a screw to the right of the neck pickup, and now it won't screw back in? I'd screw it in, and i could just pull it out?

EDIT: never mind about the neck pickup part... but is it bad if the neck pickup jiggles a little? it only jiggles side to side if i push it with my finger... and very slightly
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Last edited by trutrojan8 at Feb 1, 2009,