Well this is my final question about which guitar. I have finally made my decision On a HSS American strat. However, i've heard some people prefer the Standard over the Deluxe and that got me thinking.
Yes i know about the pups and all, but it still has me thinking.

So which should i go with, a MIA deluxe or MIA standard strat? other then the noise reduction is there any other key difference?

And throw in the Mahogany special HSS well your at it, because I think its pretty sweet.
Yes I know to go in to GC and test them, but I don't think our GC carries a deluxe, let alone a deluxe HSS so don't even go down that path.
Last edited by mudrock1000 at Feb 1, 2009,
it appears that when they updated the 2008 MIA standards, that they didn't get around to the deluxes yet. the new standards have the old school bent steel saddles (which i love, personal taste of coarse), a thinner undercoat for the wood to breathe better, and a higher mass bridge block (for more sustain). now whether you like these is up to taste, but i got a chance recently to jam on a MIA standard maple fretboard and a rosewood fretboard. I LOVED them!!!!! I had a friend with a big apple strat (HH pickup combination) and that thing was amazing, but the new standards had an even better overall tone. i havent played a deluxe in a while, so i can't truely compare the two, but it seems like fender got it right with the new standards. maybe the deluxes are due to be updated as well soon, who knows? go play both, and if the extra price seems worth it, go for the deluxe.....if not, go standard and if you are still bothered, pay the extra $150 bucks and have the SC noiseless pickups and the roller nut put in.
Quote by scarecrow937
it appears that when they updated the 2008 MIA standards, that they didn't get around to the deluxes yet. the new standards have the old school bent steel saddles (which i love, personal taste of coarse), a thinner undercoat for the wood to breathe better, and a higher mass bridge block (for more sustain). now whether you like these is up to taste, but i got a chance recently to jam on a MIA standard maple fretboard and a rosewood fretboard. I LOVED them!!!!! I had a friend with a big apple strat (HH pickup combination) and that thing was amazing, but the new standards had an even better overall tone. i havent played a deluxe in a while, so i can't truely compare the two, but it seems like fender got it right with the new standards. maybe the deluxes are due to be updated as well soon, who knows? go play both, and if the extra price seems worth it, go for the deluxe.....if not, go standard and if you are still bothered, pay the extra $150 bucks and have the SC noiseless pickups and the roller nut put in.

Well eventually i plan on getting around to that. But it'll be some time seing as how im burried in things XD
the deluxes come with a rolling nut and noiseless pickups i believe...

just extra features like that are what your paying another 100$ for really

EDIT: and locking tuners im pretty sure, and the fancy switching system, which sounds really cool on paper, but ive never actually heard it
Last edited by Tedward at Feb 2, 2009,