I have an Ibanez RG2EX1 in black with white trim, and I was wondering about painting my hardware white. I want to make it look sort of like the opposite of the white version, where its a white body and black hardware.

I figured I would put tape on the parts of the hardware that the strings touch to avoid it peeling off onto the strings, and the rest would be no problem--except the pickups. Since they are covered EMG's, people say painting them is no problem, but what kind of paint should I use?

Also, would it be possible to use something simple like Wite-Out? (Excuse me if that is a horrible idea. This is why I'm here )
The paint on the hardware will come off with use, just so you know.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
You'll have to sand the parts so the paint will stick better, if you do a good job it should work fine
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Powder coating, probably.

Maybe clearcoat, but it's just a matter of time before that comes off.

I think the best thing you can do is sand your hardware a lot so the paint has something to adhere to.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
So what about painting the bridge and pickups, because those are the most difficult. It's a fixed bridge, so its not terribly complicated, but how can I paint it easily without dipping the whole thing into a bucket of paint?

And as for the pickups, would simple paint or wite-out diminish the tone of them?
i wouldnt advise white out. Im not sure but i dont think that it will adhere well to the plastic and white out dries very flaky and will flake off rather quickly
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
EMG makes pickups in white now, just for the record.

I believe Buckethead's Les Paul has had white hardware in the past. What he did was probably sand the hardware a little so as to get more surface area for the paint to stick to, but his guitar nowadays has gold hardware so...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks for all your help.

On a seperate note, Raijouta, I was looking into buying a Peavey ValveKing 112, and I noticed you have it. I've heard good reviews about it, what can you tell me about it?
Uhh I think Krylon makes a plastic bonding paint that should work well. just sand down what you need painted.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.