...That leaving your guitar unstrung ****s it up in some way? If so, how would I go about modding it w/o ****ing it up? Idk where I heard this, I just thought I'd check first
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Ya because the neck has no tension it will begin to bow, a truss rod adjutment can fix it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
so its not perminant?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
so its not perminant?

If it's left unstrung for a long time, then yes, it can bow the neck. However, taking the strings off slowly will not do anything to it, assuming you put them back on within a few days, just as slowly.
Not sure where this theory began. If it was true after a guitar was strung it would be impossible to paint guitars or put pickups in em. I had a neckthru carvin with the strings off in a case for over a year with no warping etc. And I have taken many guitars apart for long periods of time without any special destringing or restringing rituals.
my friend had the strings off his mim strat for almost 3 months and it didn't move an inch. he did the same with his epi les paul and it did straiten out but 5 minutes after he restrung it it went back to the way it was.
If it is true I've never heard of a single case of it happening. I've personally left the strings off a guitar for months without any detrimental effects.

And if you think about it, when a neck is built it doesn't immediately get attached to a body and strung up. It usually sits on a rack for who knows how long and then gets added to a body when needed. Look at any picture of a guitar custom shop and you'll see rows of necks hanging in the background.
Quote by T!AN
If it is true I've never heard of a single case of it happening. I've personally left the strings off a guitar for months without any detrimental effects.

And if you think about it, when a neck is built it doesn't immediately get attached to a body and strung up. It usually sits on a rack for who knows how long and then gets added to a body when needed. Look at any picture of a guitar custom shop and you'll see rows of necks hanging in the background.

the truss rods are also completely slack.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise