Yaay, my first real mod, rather lame, and simple based on what you guys are doin, but its baby steps right now.
So I pulled up this: http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-3192/3192.gif
And I've pulled open the squier strat in question. And what I need to know is, what do I disconect/reconnect in order to have it set up as just one bridge humbucker, one tone, one volume, no selector (obviously). I'll be upgrading the pots/pickup/tuners soon as I have cash btw. Thanks guys. Sorry for the noobly question..I'll be back here when I upgrade the pots/tuners. Haha.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

First off, turn down your damn signature.

Secondly. just cut the cable going to the other pickups. i don't know why you want to do this, but it will do the job.
I am not totally sure this is what you are looking for, could you be a little more specific?
Ya...it is rather large...and slightly obnoxious...it kinda suits me tho. (my sig)

And, ya know...I thnk I kinda figured it out...thank you for your assistance, haha, I'll report back with any further issues

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Ya...it is rather large...and slightly obnoxious...it kinda suits me tho. (my sig)

So you want to be obnoxious? Here's a tip, if you want to ask advice from someone, don't be annoying. This way you're more likely to get more and better quality advice.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I didnt say I want to be...I just kinda am...

Btw, your sig says we cheat and lie, so how do I know that all of that advice isnt falacy?

EDIT: amidoinitrite?

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by mcraddict81592
I didnt say I want to be...I just kinda am...

Btw, your sig says we cheat and lie, so how do I know that all of that advice isnt falacy?

Considering the fact that the advice I gave you will help you in the real world, I'd say there's a good chance of it being true. And common sense.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I took the advice man, I was just jokin with ya

Quote by bogg808

Poor dude is totally getting chewed up!

One thing I would suggest is that if you're going to change to just one humbucker, go ahead and rewire the guitar properly for it. There's a diagram here. Get a single-humbucker pickguard and make it look good. Another thing you could try is a series/split/parallel mini-switch to give you more tonal options. I love those switches

Good luck!
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer