Im tryng to learn some scales so i can make riffs with more ease however I play in drop c so this changes the layout of the scales i see on here as they are all in standard, also im playing metal/melodic metal i assume i should be looking at minor/pentatonic any others?

help is greatly appreciated!
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
scales are groups of notes. Scales don't change if you're in drop C, but the patterns to play them will/
just keep using those scales and everything. just move all the scales down one note. the standard low E string will obviously be down two notes instead of one so be sure to take that into consideration.
Along with what Pat_s1t mentioned, the Blues and Bebop scale are also common in metal. Don't completely limit yourself to those scales, however. Branch out and try to incorporate something different.
^^thats helpfull but how do i know where the (1st/2nd/3rd etc) positions starts and ends?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
The positions are referred to in order to make learning scales easier... but I found that for learning anything but the major scale in standard tuning it's not so helpful to think like that. I found the easiest way to initially get the feeling of scales under my fingers was to learn two octave scales for all of the modes of that scale (in that way you know the positions of all the notes in the scale on the fretboard) but really that shouldn't be how you learn the scales, it's just a nice way of getting the feeling of the scales under your fingers. Then think about those patterns and playing in each of the modes all along the fretboard (rather than each mode in a confined place). Hopefully that's clear enough, but it's what helped me with learning scales. Although I can't stress enough that patterns aren't how you learn them, just how you become familiar with them, as you practice the patterns listen to them.