So yea, over the weekend my parents surprised me with a Peavey VT Deuce that my dad found in the attic of a museum he was helping to clean out. I won't give the full details of the deuce because that would take-up a lot of room, but its pretty awesome. it has spring reverb, built in phaser (both of which rock), with absolutely horrid distortion. at some points it truly does sound like a box of angry bees, however, that's what pedals are for. over all, it's a great amp from the late 70s to early 80's that is rock solid and will work very very well for what i want it to do.

the other thing i got was a Boss DD-7. now i originally planned to buy this one myself, but my parents picked this one up too. this thing is amazing. essentially, it is an awesome delay, great looper, and a chorus pedal (if you set it right) all in one. basically, this thing aint leaving my pedal chain.

so yea, in my dorm i now have a fender strat, running through an MI audio crunchboox, a dd-7, and into my fender HRD and my new peavey. with this much power (the peavey is a 212 all tube-hybrid-sorta-thing with 120 watts), i could probly rip wake up the 3 surrounding buildings anyway, here are the pics. they are crap, but oh well, i kno how ug is about their pics!

Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I request more pics of the Peavey! NA0!!!!!

lol ok, give me about....5 mins, btw all of my pics are going to be huge, so prepare to sue your scroll bar
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Vintage hybrids and solid states ftw! Now you have two loud clean amps with crazy headroom.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Vintage hybrids and solid states ftw! Now you have two loud clean amps with crazy headroom.

oh yes, and boy will all of my neighbors know it

Oh yea, btw, the last owner was kind enough to install handle bars and wheels, which makes me happy.

anyway, here are two links (pdf and reviews) here is the manual for the deuce and some reviews, i definitely recomend looking at this thing. it is flat out weird for when it came out. but here are the pics!

Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Nice.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
There's a strand of hair on your master reverb knob

That's a nice looking Peavey. Clips maybe??? Also, what about a gut shot? And can you use the serial number to find the year it was made? By the looks of it, it's old, because it looks similar to my grandfather's old peavey 100watt from the 60s. (With added reverb/phaser/less EQing stuff)

Looks nice! Good find.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Holy ****, I think the guitarist of my old band used to have one of these xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
There's a strand of hair on your master reverb knob

That's a nice looking Peavey. Clips maybe??? Also, what about a gut shot? And can you use the serial number to find the year it was made? By the looks of it, it's old, because it looks similar to my grandfather's old peavey 100watt from the 60s. (With added reverb/phaser/less EQing stuff)

i really want to get clips up, but i'm at school right now, so those will probly have to wait till the weekend (btw, send me a profile message if your interested and ill tell you when i post them).

the gut shot is below.

yea, this thing looks old. i know that this line was started out as just the "deuce" release in the mid-late 70s, and then the vt series came out later and ran into about 85 I THINK. however, i have no clue where i would be able to find out info on the serial number of this thing. if you know of any sites, let me know. i might just call peavey tomorrow.

here are the pics

Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Mr.Camo
Looks nice! Good find.

gracias!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
How many/what kind of tubes does it have?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
How many/what kind of tubes does it have?

i do believe that it's 4 6L6's, i'm not completely sure on that, though. i just know that they are pretty beastly suckers. it has an SS preamp, that i know lol
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
i do believe that it's 4 6L6's, i'm not completely sure on that, though. i just know that they are pretty beastly suckers. it has an SS preamp, that i know lol

Interesting... you could probably slave something else to the poweramp if you don't like the preamp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
Interesting... you could probably slave something else to the poweramp if you don't like the preamp.

yea probly. it's cool tho. i use my Crunchbox for distortion anyway. im used to amps with crappy gain channels (eg. my HRD) the cleans are great and different than my HRD so that's all that matters really.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional