Page 1 of 2
Nah not really.

A standard Gibson thunderbird isn't really worth the money.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
well that depends

if you care about your tone then it's not worth the money
if you care about comfort then it's not worth the money
if you want a tbird for the looks it's not worth the money
if you want nikki sixx to do you up the butt while singing along to "girls girls girls" but can't and you think owning his sig bass is the nearest you'll ever get then it's totally worth the money
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i currently have the basic squier starter bass and i was lookin for a new one
and the nikki sixx one was one in mind
but i dontthink ill try it out now
thkz
Quote by ltd v100
i currently have the basic squier starter bass and i was lookin for a new one
and the nikki sixx one was one in mind
but i dontthink ill try it out now
thkz

There's nothing wrong with trying it out(unless by try you mean buy) Some people, for some odd reason really like Thunderbirds, I'm one of them. I don't like the tone of the Nikki Sixx one, but the two Epi T-Birds(one was the goth and the others was the...normal one?) I played felt really good when I was playing them, standing and sitting. Can't hurt to try unless you drop it on your foot(which really freaking sucks)
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Can't hurt to try unless you drop it on your foot(which really freaking sucks)

To avoid that, make sure you hold onto the neck for dear life.

But anyway, why not try it? It's not going to be a good instrument, but you should always forumulate your own opinion.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It's the nicest looking thunderbird but its not as good as a regular one, comes with the strap button relocated like all new gibson thunderbirds holds off on the beck dive a bit but it doesn't have twin volume its both pickups on and the switch is just a kill switch so i wouldn't get it if u like tbirds get a regular gibson thunderbird itll be better but try all thunderbirds and a wide variety of basses but usually if it has nikki sixx's name on it it's not worth it as far as t birds go.
Keep On Keepen' On
in short: NO
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
The Nikki Sixx one? No. A regular Thunderbird? Maybe, try one out. I think they released a new Thunderbird recently as a mid-range bass between the standard Epi and Gibson. Worth a look.
Quote by Zycho
The Nikki Sixx one? No. A regular Thunderbird? Maybe, try one out. I think they released a new Thunderbird recently as a mid-range bass between the standard Epi and Gibson. Worth a look.

if you want a t-bird, go with that one.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by skater dan0
well that depends

if you care about your tone then it's not worth the money
if you care about comfort then it's not worth the money
if you want a tbird for the looks it's not worth the money
if you want nikki sixx to do you up the butt while singing along to "girls girls girls" but can't and you think owning his sig bass is the nearest you'll ever get then it's totally worth the money

LMFAO
the neck size was the only thing i liked on that bass. the tone was weak.

off topic, anyone know of any shops that sells the new epi thru neck thunderbird??
Quote by jb_reborn
LMFAO
the neck size was the only thing i liked on that bass. the tone was weak.

off topic, anyone know of any shops that sells the new epi thru neck thunderbird??

I assume you mean this?
http://www.dv247.com/invt/61527/

It's not for sale anywhere yet I don't think, give it a month.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
I hate the thunderbird bashing but thats just how people are,....

anyway, its all preferance. If you think you'll like it get it and if you dont sell it.

Personally i like mine
Quote by Thunderbird660
I hate the thunderbird bashing but thats just how people are,....

anyway, its all preference. If you think you'll like it play it and if you dont buy it.

Personally i like mine

Fixed

Yes but don't just blindly buy something without playing it regardless of what people say

Case in point I tried out a Squier VM jazz bass(which is held in high regard) and found I liked the Ibanez SRX bass better....

But go for the new natural t-bird...Its very awesome
^You fixed it wrong O.o

And as far as I recall, it has one 'volume' knob. Cool attitude and all; 'I get all the tone from these babies *wiggles fingers*' but a bit of mid boost, pickup blending, goes a long way.
Don't get it.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I played an original blackbird, in a music go round. I was impressed with the design and colour scheme. I thumped for a while and wanted to see if I could improve it. But I couldn't!!! The thing only had a toggle switch!! on or off. No tone, no volume, NOTHING!
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
There's a word that we have for when a company makes an instrument with two pickups but no way whatsoever to choose between them or blend them.

That word is "retarded".
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
I would not. I wouldn't take it free (actually I would, I wouldn't have to bring in fire wood from the shed for at most a day).
fenders a worth the money.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by Ivanator
There's a word that we have for when a company makes an instrument with two pickups but no way whatsoever to choose between them or blend them.

That word is "retarded".

Or "Ibanez."

Three times.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Or "Ibanez."

Three times.

and those instruments by Ibanez... are retarded.

not tone knobs either.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

But... knobs that do things are so un-metal! What, do you expect people to actually LIVE what they do, instead of pretentiously following current typical fashion and stage move trends?

You can't be metal if you don't look it or play so stupidly hard and sloppy that you turn your knobs (that are already inches away from the strings) down.

I mean look at this guy - he wouldn't know metal if he got hit in the head with something made of the same namesake material:
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by thefitz
But... knobs that do things are so un-metal! What, do you expect people to actually LIVE what they do, instead of pretentiously following current typical fashion and stage move trends?

You can't be metal if you don't look it or play so stupidly hard and sloppy that you turn your knobs (that are already inches away from the strings) down.

you are right. let me grow my hair out and start using a pick because I can't play chords without it!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I mean look at that pic I posted. Look how not-below-the-knees that dude's bass is. He's not making a grumbly face and isn't covered in scary tattoos. Hell, he looks like some old manservant!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by thefitz
I mean look at that pic I posted. Look how not-below-the-knees that dude's bass is. He's not making a grumbly face and isn't covered in scary tattoos. Hell, he looks like some old manservant!

he probably helped write the Barney song, stupid old people and their major scales.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Old manservant? Geezer Butler? No? Nothing at all?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Old manservant? Geezer Butler? No? Nothing at all?

I knew who it was.

that just hinted at it, I found it a wee bit amusing, but not too particularly humorous.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by loudog93
don't do it. ever. get a fender and save yourself the hassle

how about the TS do something better/smarter than getting a fender or a TB and get an Ibanez.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by Black Ox
How dare you mock Butler...he invented metal!

we are mocking bad metal players.

it may be a little advanced
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Black Ox
How dare you mock Butler...he invented metal!

Exactly. If the dude that invented metal can hold his bass properly, look proper, and have all his knobs, why does everyone have to forcably look the part?

And what do you have against blatant sarcasm?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
If Thunderbirds float your boat, then the Epi Blackbird is excellent value for money, since the pickups are essentially the same as Gibson T-Birds, the action etc.. is the same and it has the strap button in a sensible place. The price difference is about 600 sterling (probably the same in $) and for that price you can easily repaint it or replace the pickguard if you don't rate the all-black finish.
The fact remains that it is a T-Bird. There are better basses, but the Blackbird is cheap enough to make it a decent competitor.
Quote by the_underling
If Thunderbirds float your boat, then the Epi Blackbird is excellent value for money, since the pickups are essentially the same as Gibson T-Birds, the action etc.. is the same and it has the strap button in a sensible place. The price difference is about 600 sterling (probably the same in $) and for that price you can easily repaint it or replace the pickguard if you don't rate the all-black finish.
The fact remains that it is a T-Bird. There are better basses, but the Blackbird is cheap enough to make it a decent competitor.

prices dropped to 20 dollars?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Yes, you can go to TalkBass, where putting elastic bands on popsicle strings and sticking it up your ass is a great, wonderful choice as good as any other... as long as some old senior member does it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Any bass... or pretty much thing in general, that calls a little metal bit for you to hook your finger on an "Opti-grab" is just going to dissapoint in the long run, in my oppinion... It's a bit like calling an ashtray pickup cover a "Will Definately get you a Blowjob Cover", only has one word that applies
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 2