I was looking for a second guitar to use as a backup and just to have as a second guitar and I noticed I really liked the Ibanez RG350DX. I was planning on buying an HSS strat but I realized that I really want a Floyd Rose or something similar to a Floyd Rose to do some divebombing on. Therefore, I decided I am leaning towards the Ibanez, but still want to test both out.

Anyway, I WILL NOT be using the Ibanez for metal. I will be my backup and I will use it for playing punk.

Will this guitar's sound be good enough for punk? I will probably see when I test it out but it won't hurt to ask.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
whats your price range?
a edge III won't be very good for you if you plan on abusing it...
im pretty sure we could suggest you a better guitar if you want to be able to abuse the trem...
if you dont abuse the trem, then def....i have a 4ex1 (pretty much same guitar different paintjob) and i use it for reggae and van halen stuff, and works nice....a lot of range, and not as bassy as a les paul
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I love mine but im replacing the trem and later the pickups but I play classic rock/hairmetal on mine and it sounds fine for it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
If you go on musiciansfriend.com, you'll see the Ibanez RGT42DX is on sale for the same price as the RG350DX, and it's a much better guitar (went from the usual 700 to 400). I'd jump right on it if I were you.
^I am not a big fan of the looks of the RGT42, I might just go with the RG350.

I won't be abusing this guitar much, I probably won't be using it much at all.

I will go with this one.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I know Dr. Know used a Shecter with a Floyd Rose on it, so I'd look into some of those. Mike Clark (Suicidal Tendencies) used a Jackson Dinky for a while with a Floyd Rose.
I had an RG350DX for a little over a year. Didn't really use the trem much though so I sold it and got an RG321MH. Either way, the 350 will cover a pretty good range of sounds.
Quote by Pac_man0123
If you want something with a functioning floating trem i'd have to advise you to stay away from any low end RG with an edge 3....

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?