ok ive been playing electric guitar for like three months more or less after playing acoustic for some months also, and ever since i started the electric's lessons ive been stuck with smoke on the water by deep purple particulary the solo
does that mean iam i very bad guitarrist?
Well, at least you're trying to learn the song all the way through.

Just for that, I say you're doing awesome!
no, it's the standard "starting riff". Once you get that down, barre chords are no problem
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by TheCyanideFire
ok ive been playing electric guitar for like three months more or less after playing acoustic for some months also, and ever since i started the electric's lessons ive been stuck with smoke on the water by deep purple particulary the solo
does that mean iam i very bad guitarrist?

You're simply not ready for that solo yet. Try something more realistic and stop worrying about how "good" or "bad" you are. Be patient... it takes time. Just enjoy the process of learning / playing.
check out some of Freepower's lessons. good stuff
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

You've been playing for three months and you're trying to take on a solo by one of the most influential rock guitarists out there. Don't worry about it, you aren't bad.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
the good thing is you are pushing yourself. Many people "are patient" by not doing anything to challenge themselves. I know that pushing and pushing and pushing to learn the solo to dazed and confused within a few months definitely put my guitar forward light years.

but no its impossible to know if you suck or are in fact the next hendrix/page/clapton all rolled into one after just three months.
no way dude, that solo gives many people trouble and it's probably just two hard for your ability, try learning some easier solos (ac/dc,greenday,blink182) and learn a few blues/rock pentatonic licks to build up your technique and finger strength, then come back to the solo
Endorser of ESP/LTD Guitars
Lead Guitarist in Hybrid Nightmares
Melbourne Guitar Academy
www.melbourneguitaracademy.com
Quote by GuitarMunky
You're simply not ready for that solo yet. Try something more realistic and stop worrying about how "good" or "bad" you are. Be patient... it takes time. Just enjoy the process of learning / playing.

seriously, this + at least 100