I heard that Elixir strings are the best strings by far, is this true? The best 2 sets of strings I ever tried were David Gilmour's GHS Boomers and Electroharmonix. Never tried Elixirs, what makes them so special??
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Elixir strings have a coating that keeps rust and grime from destroying the string's tone if I remember correctly.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
elixers are dipped. the coating makes them last a REALLY long time (at least compared to most strings.) a little twangy when you first put them on, but most strings are.....takes elixers a little longer to for that twangy sound to break in a mellow out.) sooooo......not necessarily better, just different. it's all preference man!!
i like ernie ball super slinkys. good well rounded sound, decent life, and can pull off almost any style. plus they're only like $5.
Quote by scarecrow937
elixers are dipped. the coating makes them last a REALLY long time (at least compared to most strings.) a little twangy when you first put them on, but most strings are.....takes elixers a little longer to for that twangy sound to break in a mellow out.) sooooo......not necessarily better, just different. it's all preference man!!
i like ernie ball super slinkys. good well rounded sound, decent life, and can pull off almost any style. plus they're only like $5.

I am too cheap for elixers. ernie balls do it for me
Well GHS Boomers are also coated, the EHX didn't say that they are coated but they lasted as long as the boomers and felt like the boomers so I think they were coated as well. Anyone know the difference?
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join