I want to be a better rhythm guitarist, and need something to help me. It doesn't matter what genre, but I like playing jazz and classic rock the most. I've been playing a year, so I guess I'd like something intermediate, but not too hard, if that makes sense. Thanks, UG
Do you like The Who? Pete Townsend is repeatedly listed as a rhythm icon...

Keith richards has some cool stuff too, and once you unlock the open g barrier, his work can be pretty easy to figure out.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

The Doobie Brothers have some nice rhythms, and the bonus is you'll know the songs when you hear them, so they'll be easier to play

Slow train coming
Listen to the music
China Grove

To name a few
The two best rhythm guitarists in Indie music in the UK are Johnny Marr from The Smiths and John Squire from Stone Roses. Now i'm talking in terms of their rhythm playing. Learning some of the rhythms they wrote will help your playing i think.
Quote by Ikonoklast
The two best rhythm guitarists in Indie music in the UK are Johnny Marr from The Smiths and John Squire from Stone Roses. Now i'm talking in terms of their rhythm playing. Learning some of the rhythms they wrote will help your playing i think.

Carl Barat from the Libertines/Dirty Pretty things is none too shabby either.

Pete Townshend is, indeed, a rhythm guitar god.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 3, 2009,