What's the usual going price on these amps? Thanks.

EDIT: Are DC's generally more or less expensive than their F series counterparts?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Last edited by abcdboy at Feb 7, 2009,
So 500 is a ripoff?
Gear...
depends really. If it's in great shape, it's not that bad, but if you're buying it I'd try talking down as much as possible. I got my DC-5 head (50 watts, graphic eq, tons of other stuff) for about 700, so you be the judge of the value for the DC-2 (combo i'm assuming).
I didn't even realize there was a DC-2, I thought it was just the DC-3 and DC-5

I guess the DC-2 is what replaced the .22?

$500 isn't a bad deal for any Mesa really, but I'd still try to talk them down
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, he absolutely won't go lower than 500.

Is it a good price, though? I don't wanna take an average deal, cause I'm cheap, lol. If it's a good price, I'll take it, but if not, I won't mind waiting.
Gear...
well i got my dc-3 is awesome condition for 450. but then again this guy was desperate as hell. try a trade or talking it down. did you see it on los angeles craigslist? i saw one for 500 and said that's a rip.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Yeah, I did, lol. I talked to that guy for a bit, actually. He absolutely won't lower his price. He keeps bitching about how his is in super good condition or whatever. IMO, as long as if tubes aren't stock and useable, the price should be lower, which this guy won't listen to.

So it's a rip, right?
Gear...
Seems a little high. Just leave the guy with your name and number and tell him you're ready to buy it when he lowers the price, make sure to mention that you're still gonna be hunting for another amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
my god, mesa in the US is like... not expensive at ALL! Seems the equivilant of laney or marshall
Last edited by vitchb at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by vitchb
my god, mesa in the US is like... not expensive at ALL! Seems the equivilant of laney or marshall

The DC series is old and discontinued, and the DC2 is only 20 watts, so it's still pretty pricey, unfortunately D:
Gear...
do what Kevin Saale said; if the guy actually wants to sell you the amp, he'll probably get back to you after you basically say you're still gunna look elsewhere. In the meantime, look for DC-3s and DC-5s for that price, I constantly find DC-3s for 500, which i feel are better values since they have Graphic EQs.
So you guys think 350-400 is a good price?
Gear...