Can someone please explain this in depth for me?

I know about it, but I need to know how to use it, what it is, and how to 'transpose' the pattern.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Its a visual pattern that can be moved along the fretboard to determine where all of the [select note] notes appear on a fretboard.

i need to know applications
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
NO ONE knows about this at all?
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Hell no, no one's responding! How about a soundclip or something?
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Quote by Colton165
Its a visual pattern that can be moved along the fretboard to determine where all of the [select note] notes appear on a fretboard.

i need to know applications

You seem to know what it's used for already. If it just lets you find one note all over the fretboard, it doesn't seem like it has many musical applications, just a trick to find your way around.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.