Page 1 of 3
Hey Hey Pit... I've been thinking of a fairly unique thread to post here and here's what I could come up with on short notice - What's the longest you've ever stayed awake?

Though I'm ashamed to admit it, the longest I've ever stayed awake is about 36 hours, and for the last 4 of those 36 hours I started to experience visual hallucinations, and during that time I was not intoxicated in any way.

I'm posting this Thread 'cus the pit always churns out some amusing stories and I'm currently trying to stay awake for a lengthy amount of time myself - So keep me amused and keep me awake!
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
7 days. I popped a lot of adderol that week
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
damn i thought 42hours was good, at Roskilde music festival in Denmark
Check out my band Spin-Offs
Comfort and Biscuits and Pineapple Juice now on my profile.
Any feedback appreciated

Quote by uk.mace
That's brilliant!

GO HUGS THREAD!!!
As it just so happens I'm on a streak of 36-ish hours at this exact moment.

I don't think I'm hallucinating...
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
week and a half. was like a zombie.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Longest, about 6-7 days, hallucinations came about halfway through day 5 I think
Right now I'm on about 50 hours, and just had a nice two-hour long walk in the snowstorm at 3am
Insomnia is fun
ohai little sig.
50 some odd hours, without feeling tired, went to bed, woke up the day after next.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
just over 72 hours. in the military, they don't necessarily 'teach' you sleep deprivation, but you sure as hell learn it.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
40 hours or so...
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Few days. Then i got bad memory, so now I usually forget what I'm talking about and people say I dont make much sense, but I'm....

...I asked for butter on my sausage, not Tapioca.
Quote by ixKilledxKenny

Well, to be fair to me I am pretty highly strung normally, regardless of whether I've been awake for a ridiculous amount of time or not. I normally get really angry if I don't sleep, not unlike a baby, but I find that a nice war film helps keep me sane... ish.
Gear;
Maybe 30 hours...
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by ixKilledxKenny

7 years
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
38 ish hours
i didnt hallucinate
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by crackerpleaz
*Crazy spiral picture*

My eyes are melting.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Quote by ixKilledxKenny
My eyes are melting.

mine are watery
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
mine are watery

Mine go all crusty and when I rub them I go abit blind, and I've only been awake for 18 hours thus far...
Gear;
Quote by decayingdave
Hey Hey Pit... I've been thinking of a fairly unique thread to post here and here's what I could come up with on short notice - What's the longest you've ever stayed awake?

Keep thinking.

on topic: maybe 2 days
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

umm 7am friday (for school) then went into a bandathon which ended at 12 pm the next day, so thats 24 + 5 whcih is 29, and then that saturday i had a battle of the bands with another band of mine, which ended at around midnight, so which would bring it up to 39? i fell asleep on stage for a bit actually during a slow part of our set haha. we still one though (Y)
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
umm 7am friday (for school) then went into a bandathon which ended at 12 pm the next day, so thats 24 + 5 whcih is 29, and then that saturday i had a battle of the bands with another band of mine, which ended at around midnight, so which would bring it up to 39? i fell asleep on stage for a bit actually during a slow part of our set haha. we still one though (Y)

Longest I've stayed up is probably about 60 hours, my friends and I had a "Zelda Day" in which we tried to beat every Legend Of Zelda game in a row. We got past OoT and passed out.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Probably like 18 hours...

I like to stay healthy and I believe that sleep is the most important thing you can do to maintain your health.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
woo! i just hit 20 hours
Any feedback appreciated

Quote by uk.mace
That's brilliant!

GO HUGS THREAD!!!
Quote by breadstick

I like to stay healthy and I believe that sleep is the most important thing you can do to maintain your health.

This is very true, but sometimes one can let one's hair down without being too cautious of the consequences.
Any feedback appreciated

Quote by uk.mace
That's brilliant!

GO HUGS THREAD!!!
Quote by Schism1985
when you guys say "hallucinations" what do you mean?

not like, pink goats talking to you in the shower or anything

just like, seeing something for a split second that isn't actually there, or perceiving something to be moving when it is in fact still, it's more your eyes playing tricks on you than an acid trip

although I drove once after about 36 hours without sleep and almost hit the ditch because I saw a cat on the shoulder of the road that didn't exist that didn't exist though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
About 60 hours. Fell asleep on my friends lawn at 1 pm, woke up the next day at noon and thought i went back in time.
Beers on me
Quote by Carswell98
not like, pink goats talking to you in the shower or anything

just like, seeing something for a split second that isn't actually there, or perceiving something to be moving when it is in fact still, it's more your eyes playing tricks on you than an acid trip

although I drove once after about 36 hours without sleep and almost hit the ditch because I saw a cat on the shoulder of the road that didn't exist that didn't exist though

... you see like flashes of images?

that sounds ****ing creepy...
Quote by breadstick

knowing how to operate without sleep can also be very useful in maintaining your health, especially when you have to drive after a period of sleep deprevation

however, micro sleep is VERY scary ****.
micro sleep?
Any feedback appreciated

Quote by uk.mace
That's brilliant!

GO HUGS THREAD!!!
Page 1 of 3