ok...well i want a bedroom tube amp and i want to have decent cleans and good tight distortion i was thinking a used epi vj and some pedals but what are some pedals to give me a tight sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJTOUhCaI8&feature=related

i just like how crunchy the distortion is and i want to know whats a decent rig of pedals to get somewhere near that tone...
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
I'd look at the vypyr 15, the cube30x, and maybe some randall SS combos. If can find one an ampeg VH-140C or whatever it's called would be a good choice. I would avoid the epi valve if you want good cleans and tight distortion.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd look at the vypyr 15, the cube30x, and maybe some randall SS combos. If can find one an ampeg VH-140C or whatever it's called would be a good choice. I would avoid the epi valve if you want good cleans and tight distortion.

i have the vypyr 15 but i cant get a nice tight distortion...great cleans tho...
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
I thought this thread was going to be dedicated to fools like myself who want to get a 220 watt Marshall stack for their bedroom, purely to murder my neighbors from a distance - But instead it's about a bunch of 15 watters? Damn' shame...
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
I thought this thread was going to be dedicated to fools like myself who want to get a 220 watt Marshall stack for their bedroom, purely to murder my neighbors from a distance - But instead it's about a bunch of 15 watters? Damn' shame...

Thanks for adding nothing.

TS: Hmm, don't know what to tell ya. Never tried the HT5, but the clips I heard sound good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yea i often regret getting a 100 watt half stack when the only people i jam with already have an amp. il never hear how good this amp relay sounds but you live you learn.
Quote by decayingdave

You'd hardly get the chance to crank the thing past '12 o clock.
Leaving alot of unused wattage.
What a damn shame, Huh?
Quote by decayingdave

Says the guy with the 15Watt MG........ shame!!!