hey im a noob to guitars. i have a first act LOL...and im looking to buy a nice guitar now can anyone give me some advice on a good one for a noob like me.. im not lookn to spend over a grand thx.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Way to follow the rules and give absolutely NO information to work with.

What's your amp? What kind of music do you play?
thanks guys, i was wonder if either of these 2 are any good. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-104065958-i1168180.gc http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc thanks for all the replys. oh and tiger i like to play rock metal punk. and i dont really much have any use for your rules haha. oh and thanks tiger i need a decent amp to kaz the one i got really sucks its tiny. its a first act.
Last edited by tasteylicks at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by tasteylicks
thanks guys, i was wonder if either of these 2 are any good. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-104065958-i1168180.gc http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc thanks for all the replys. oh and tiger i like to play rock metal punk. and i dont really much have any use for your rules haha. oh and thanks tiger i need a decent amp to kaz the one i got really sucks its tiny. its a first act.

You need to follow rules mate
Seeming as you are only new this should cover you,
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vintage-Modified-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-512573-i1172566.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
It's not whether or not you have a tuner to tune the RG5EX1. It's got a double-locking tremolo, which means that you have to actually unbolt something from the guitar to tune it.

If you're going to ask our advice, don't just turn it down like that.
Thanks for telling us a precise price range, what amp you have, what genres you play, and so on.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Thanks for telling us a precise price range, what amp you have, what genres you play, and so on.

Yes we need more details
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i said under 1k and that i need an amp..THANKS! also i can learn how to tune it with the net if needed. i just might as well get the best guitar possible for my price range? im not sure you guys are the experts
Last edited by tasteylicks at Feb 2, 2009,
Under 1k provides us such a wide search option. Be specific on what you budget on the amp is and guitar. Out of 1k, how much are you willing to push for an amp?

I say MIM Fat strat + Fender Blues Junior + Distortion pedal of some sort.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Yeah dont EVER settle on a guitar just because you will be dissapointed.

That RG would be good with a trem replacement down the road.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
good luck trying to learn to tune a trem-equipped guitar on your own. You're a moron if you ignore our advice. And so what if it's over a grand, save up. Also, when it comes to Ibanez, pay attention to us, especially Lethal Dosage. He knows more than most of us about Ibanez, which is spectacular considering I obsess over them and know their entire catalogue inside and out.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']good luck trying to learn to tune a trem-equipped guitar on your own. You're a moron if you ignore our advice. And so what if it's over a grand, save up. Also, when it comes to Ibanez, pay attention to us, especially Lethal Dosage. He knows more than most of us about Ibanez, which is spectacular considering I obsess over them and know their entire catalogue inside and out.

Thank you I kind of have a love affair with the RG series since like 3 or 4 years ago.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I kind of have a love affair with the RG series since like 3 or 4 years ago.

Me too!

Quote by tasteylicks
i said under 1k and that i need an amp..THANKS! also i can learn how to tune it with the net if needed. i just might as well get the best guitar possible for my price range? im not sure you guys are the experts

Ok, one last try.

What kind of music do you want to play? It's really not that hard a question. Seriously. It isn't.
I have a solution for that. Buy two of the same guitar. Use one for playing. Drill a hole in the other so you can **** it.
If the trem is a problem, there are a few Ibanez RGs in that price range that have fixed bridges...great guitars too. If you plan on changing between tunings a lot I don't recommend getting a guitar with a locking nut/floating trem system.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I have a solution for that. Buy two of the same guitar. Use one for playing. Drill a hole in the other so you can **** it.

I would, but I'd be afraid of splinters.

Plus, I'm not going to buy another RG just to stick my dick in it. That'd be weird. Though the control cavity would make an excellent 'reservoir' for uh...catching things.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I have a solution for that. Buy two of the same guitar. Use one for playing. Drill a hole in the other so you can **** it.

Yeah RG series are really versatile guitars they can put out whatever genre of sound that you would want. But for under 1000 I would get something better than that RG I would go for an RG1570 they go for about $899 right now and they are AMAZING guitars.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Mazzakazza
Though the control cavity would make an excellent 'reservoir' for uh...catching things.

FTW

Quote by Lethal Dosage

Yeah RG series are really versatile guitars they can put out.

Indeed they can
I was just reading the specs on the 1570 and it said basswood is lighweight yeah sure it is
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Going back to the original poster.

If you are spending that much on a guitar you need to have a clear idea of what you want to play and what guitars you like. There is such a large variety you need to take your time a try a few out. You could also consider buying a $500 guitar now and saving the rest incase you want a different style of guitar in the future. My three guitars cover all the main types of pickups and styles. I find it good to be able to pick the guitar that I feel like playing or that suits the music I want to play. They cost in total a little more than you are spending and I bought them over a period of time as I realized what I needed.

The other thing to consider is to make sure you get a good deal on price and any extras they can throw in for free.
Quote by darkhorizon
Going back to the original poster.

If you are spending that much on a guitar you need to have a clear idea of what you want to play and what guitars you like. There is such a large variety you need to take your time a try a few out. You could also consider buying a $500 guitar now and saving the rest incase you want a different style of guitar in the future. My three guitars cover all the main types of pickups and styles. I find it good to be able to pick the guitar that I feel like playing or that suits the music I want to play. They cost in total a little more than you are spending and I bought them over a period of time as I realized what I needed.

The other thing to consider is to make sure you get a good deal on price and any extras they can throw in for free.

I gave my honest response to the TS at the end of the last page I think he should get that RG1570 that is if he likes ibanez guitars.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by tasteylicks
hey im a noob to guitars. i have a first act LOL...and im looking to buy a nice guitar now can anyone give me some advice on a good one for a noob like me.. im not lookn to spend over a grand thx.

First Act guitar... I believe that is the same guitar I have lol
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
thanks lethal im going to check into the RG1570. and thanks everyone who did not come off as anarrogant prick.
Have fun with the double locking trem and crappy amp.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby