Page 1 of 2
Hey, everyone!! I just started a band and we aren't gonna write any of our own music just yet. I have an average bassist, one ok guitarist, one really good guitarist that can play stuff like A7X, average drummer. So, I dont know what songs i should start playing first. We like Metal, rock, classic rock, punk and alternative rock. I'm our vocalist and I can sing most things. I wanna start with some easy but good sounding songs. Anyone got any ideas?
so you like metal,rock, and punk ?

for metal, you can do some sabbath for easier songs.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
play some kanye west
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
OK... you need to revive the space rock genre (minus drugs [it'll be way out there ])

Add lots of reverb, delay, cool introspective lyrics, chill riffs, it'll be awesome!
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

It's a pretty unknown song; You'd probably get major points for using it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I think you should stick to playing rock band.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
**** what everyone here on UG think about these bands. play some good Nirvana songs, old greenday, if thats too easy, start some metallica from the black album, rage against the machine.

Pick songs with such energy that even if the people who go see you play, or hear you play would stay till the end of the song haha. Those bands never fail to do so.
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
welcome home by king diamond

GRRAAANNNNDDDMMAAAAAAA!!!!

+1.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Guns N Roses maybe?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Just Andrew
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

It's a pretty unknown song; You'd probably get major points for using it.

+1.

I just heard about that song a few days ago.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Quote by guitarbeebo
Hey, everyone!! I just started a band and we aren't gonna write any of our own music just yet. I have an average bassist, one ok guitarist, one really good guitarist that can play stuff like A7X, average drummer. So, I dont know what songs i should start playing first. We like Metal, rock, classic rock, punk and alternative rock. I'm our vocalist and I can sing most things. I wanna start with some easy but good sounding songs. Anyone got any ideas?

kill all humans
I Cum Blood.

No.

Unholy Confessions, Master of Puppets, Walk, Cowboys from Hell, and Lake Bodom.
S.O.S. by The Jonas Brothers I herd it's very BR00tal / unoriginality

Try songs from Rock Band and Guitar Hero?
PSN: Pancakehead3

Add me and say you're from UG
You should play Meat Hook Sodomy
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by guitarbeebo
we aren't gonna write any of our own music

**** that. Write new material. You can play some covers of songs you enjoy listening to, but if you're gonna play out, you should write stuff.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
No no. you don't have to write music. Just do improvisation and jamming, compltely original. Plus if you have some crazy effects, you could do wonders with your space rock band. But you would have to write some good lyrics though and structure the jam enough to incorporate lyrics. Call yourselves "Gangsta Rock"
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I think you should start with Roxanne and Blitzgreig Bop. They are the noobishist songs on the game. I should know. I beat it on Medium.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Siege of Power
You should play Meat Hook Sodomy

Yes please. Or Covered With Sores.

And this thread is the dumbest garbage ever. Don't ask other people what you should play. Songs you cover should be from the self/band. And try writing something, that's usually a good idea? Either way, you're just gonna be another shi**y pop rock band.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

And this thread is the dumbest garbage ever. Don't ask other people what you should play. Songs you cover should be from the self/band. And try writing something, that's usually a good idea? Either way, you're just gonna be another shi**y pop rock band.

God forbid someone ask for recommendations . Also aren't you going to tell them to only play metal because because it's the only genre with any complexity or technical difficulty. Br00t4l name by the way.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by guitarbeebo

You listed the same styles of music one to many times...We get it.
Anything by Yngwie Malmsteen. Add some screaming over it and your set.
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

You don't have to flame the guy.
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Quote by Mr_Kite
God forbid someone ask for recommendations . Also aren't you going to tell them to only play metal because because it's the only genre with any complexity or technical difficulty. Br00t4l name by the way.

You said it so I dont have to.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Page 1 of 2