Hey, me and some buddies have a band and just need a singer. Weve got two good guitarists a sick bassist and an average drummer and still looking for a singer. We have run into a problem tho. We all like different types of music. For now we wanna do covers but we cant seem to find songs we all into learning. Any suggestions for some songs or ideas. We are into rock,metal,punk for the most part also looking to do a bit of soft stuff as well.
If you're new, then the hardest part is getting to adjust to eachother. Try to share all your music libraries and learn to appreciate diversity. Get the music down first with eachother so you're all happy. Then look for a singer.
Have everybody pick a song that everyone else agrees with and learn them. I've played songs That I've never heard before, not easily or often, but I have.
Sing yourself. Or call Allison Kraus and tell her you need Robert Plant to sing for you.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
thanks for the quick replies, if u have any suggestions for some good songs too, post them up im open to most things
Some jonas brothers should get the crowd pumpin
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
start playing enter sandman of something and wait for james hetfield to crash through the ceiling to sing for u.
solves both your problems
Quote by Van-Hayden
Be an instrumental band?

i see a good idea arising.
there arent very many GOOD metal/punk/rock insturmental bands out there.
the only problem with the whole instrumental thing is that we dont have someone who is real insane at their instrument so its harder to b instrumental without being really really good at whatever intrument u are playing.
Singing doesn't mean you have to sound good. It just has to fit with your style.

Dave Mustaine is the worst singer in metal ever, but Megadeth are still one of the god's of thrash metal.
Quote by Guitarded06
the only problem with the whole instrumental thing is that we dont have someone who is real insane at their instrument so its harder to b instrumental without being really really good at whatever intrument u are playing.

not really, you can write really good instrumentals without being some kind of crazy virtuoso, there's tones of jazz instrumentals that sound amazing but are only really at an intermediate level in terms of required playing skills.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by crackerpleaz
Take your bassist to a doctor.

HAHAHAHA!

i suggest looking at songs everyone enjoys, there are bound to be songs that everyone in the band at least likes!
so far we are learning sweet child o mine, welcome home, and warriors of time. anyone got anything else?