ok so my acoustic fell over and the headstock snapped.
what i would like to know is if there is any way to rescue it.
I really love the tone of this guitar and would hate to lose it.
pics below sorry if there huge

]
wood glue and a clamp, it would fix it i believe
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
does anyone else see the face in the first pic?

Anyway, it looks like its snapped on the *fack, mental blank, whats that joint called*
Just sand it a bit and then glue it using titebond original and then clamp it, it should be fine...
You may also want to reinforce it with bits of hardwood or metal or something (3 bars that go over the joint) or even dowel

Never have halp or anything in the title, an appropriate title would have been: Headstock snapped off neck or something along those lines, you would have got so many more replies
Quote by guitarcam123

Anyway, it looks like its snapped on the *fack, mental blank, whats that joint called*
Just sand it a bit and then glue it using titebond original and then clamp it, it should be fine...
You may also want to reinforce it with bits of hardwood or metal or something (3 bars that go over the joint) or even dowel

Never have halp or anything in the title, an appropriate title would have been: Headstock snapped off neck or something along those lines, you would have got so many more replies

It doesn't look like a scarf jointed neck, the break isn't the right direction. It looks to me like it broke along the grain, but it's all good.

What you should do is apply a good amount of glue, enough so it'll squeeze out of all sides. One thing you may want to consider is putting some locating pins (toothpicks work great) in the headstock when you're gluing so the headstock won't slide. Just position the headstock where it should be glued on, and drill 2 holes through the broken headstock into the neck. Then glue, insert the pins or toothpicks, and clamp.

Clamping pressure is essential. You'll want to get as many clamps, preferably C clamps or bar clamps, and get good clamping pressure.

Also, don't worry about ''bits of hardwood or metal" in the headstock. Your headstock will be as strong as it was before, and adding more material would look terrible and probably wouldn't help out too much in the long run. Just don't worry about.

Yeah next time you want help, don't even make a thread title, just put nothing there then out of curiosity all of UG will click and read and lend you information. *giggle*

/Sarcasm
Quote by ohspyro89
It doesn't look like a scarf jointed neck, the break isn't the right direction. It looks to me like it broke along the grain, but it's all good.
There are two ways of scarfing a head stock, this break could quite easily be this method

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/anck.htm

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
That's an easy fix , I just did so myself a month ago.
Wood glue, line up the grains when you press it back together, and clamp to keep the pressure. Anything to keep the pressure there for a day or so if you lack the tools, even some vicegrips (preferably more then one) with a cloth (to protect from the vice grips "bite") clamped down will work.
All you pro luthiers are gonna shudder at "vice grips", but hey, worked for newbs lacking tools like me!
Quote by guitarcam123
does anyone else see the face in the first pic?

Haha, I see it. holy crap, what did you do? depending on how small the splintering is you might be able to save it. if it cracked real small and you lost a lot of material to flakes and dust it might be a bit harder, but I think you could do it. Make sure its clamped really well. it may not be a bad idea to pop on a retainer tree to try and take some of the tension off of the top of the headstock. good luck, I hope you can save it.
Quote by LP Addict
what is this "whats"?

ohhhhh, you mean what's, sorry.

i dont get it
Quote by bazuriya
i dont get it

You wouldn't, Mr. "dont"
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
You wouldn't, Mr. "dont"

So, am I "pwned" ?

TS: sorry for this stupid hijacking
Last edited by bazuriya at Feb 3, 2009,
that sucks big time. yea evenly apply the glue to the entire spot than clamp for at least 48 hours. goodluck