so i've been researching this amp and can't really find info on it.
I am wondering if this is a tube/ss amp or what?
The website says it has COSM technology but doesn't really go into detail on the specifics. I am guessing maybe is a solid state modeling amp, so made to sound like a tube?

I played it at a local guitar shop and it sounded amazing for only 2W.
Definately SS modeling. Its supposed to be pretty good, as long as it has the COSM.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
thats what I figured, so basically they "model" it after other tube amps such as the JC-120 or other tube amps?

Then why not do this with other SS amps? I mean, I have a Crate GTD15 that I picked up for almost the same price last year when I began playing, and it sounds no where near as good.

I don't understand it.
word of advice, if you like the sound of a tube amp then get a tube amp.
a modeling amp is not going to compare to it
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Look at the Cube 15x. Modeling is a bit of an exaggeration but there are a range of distortion sounds rather than any attempt to emulate specific amps. Its 15w switchable to 4w for home and I wish mine would arrive.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Thats because the 15X doesn't have the amp models that the micro and the 30X has ^
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
If you want modeling you need to buy a modeling amp. The crate was not that kind of amp but the microcube is. There many other modeling amps besides the Roland cubes. Modeling amps are great for home use they can get you a kind of cranked tube sound without all the volume.
Peavey vyper is worth the look for modeling amps.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Quote by west nile
thats what I figured, so basically they "model" it after other tube amps such as the JC-120 or other tube amps?

Then why not do this with other SS amps? I mean, I have a Crate GTD15 that I picked up for almost the same price last year when I began playing, and it sounds no where near as good.

I don't understand it.

Jc-120 is not a tube amp... but the brit combo and r-fier models are modelling tube amps like vox and mesa.
i guess im just not getting the logic.
if tube amps sound > ss amps
and modeling amps sound like tube amps
why don't companies make modeling amps instead of ss amps?
cost im guessing?
Lots of companies make modeling amps and lots of companies make plain old solidstate amps also lots of companies make tube amps. You just buy the kind of amp that you want.
Quote by west nile
i guess im just not getting the logic.
if tube amps sound > ss amps
and modeling amps sound like tube amps
why don't companies make modeling amps instead of ss amps?
cost im guessing?

i have to correct it... modelling amps doesnt sound like tube amps they try to sound like tube amp and some high end models are pretty good but some ss amps are also very nice. your question is like porsche is faster than audi why dont companies all make porsche...
Quote by blind.quardian
i have to correct it... modelling amps doesnt sound like tube amps they try to sound like tube amp and some high end models are pretty good but some ss amps are also very nice. your question is like porsche is faster than audi why dont companies all make porsche...

Well the simple answer is that not everyone can afford a Porsche and Audi works just fine.

I haven't played a cube myself but they seem good. I still like the vypyr best, though.