* 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
* Thin U Neck Contour
* 24 XJ Frets
* Black Nickel Hardware
* Grover Tuners
* TOM Bridge & Tail
* EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
* Finish: BLK, OW

Which would be better tobuy, they seem about the same to me.

This is for my second electric by the way.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
think the deluxe is made of better parts, and in another country...

personally I'd get the deluxe, simply cuz it looks better, but heck, whatever floats your boat.

I don't the 401 is that much worse
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
If you have the money, why not
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
It is a better quality, but there isnt as big a difference as I would've thought. Personally I'd go for the deluxe.

But nice choice for a 2nd guitar, i got an epi lp <_< as my 2nd many years ago
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I wont be buying this for about a year when I'm planning to go off to Uni, I'm just planning far far ahead

I'm gonna need a new amp as well, my Vox is too big to take to uni, and I need something portable and I can take around and hopefully gig with

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
in a word, no.

the ltds lower down are fine. the higher models are basically the same guitars with original floyd roses, tuneomatics, fancier tuners ect, but still the same woods and a little bit better workmanship.

save the extra couple of hundred and get an esp standard, the difference really is worth it. you buy the lower ltd, and you will want a real esp soon enough, buy the deluxe, play an esp and you will feel shortchanged. Best advice you will get. they are not too much more expensive these days and that honeyburst finish on the ec model is very, very nice.

all good things come to those who wait....
Quote by metaligeologist
in a word, no.

the ltds lower down are fine. the higher models are basically the same guitars with original floyd roses, tuneomatics, fancier tuners ect, but still the same woods and a little bit better workmanship.

save the extra couple of hundred and get an esp standard, the difference really is worth it. you buy the lower ltd, and you will want a real esp soon enough, buy the deluxe, play an esp and you will feel shortchanged. Best advice you will get. they are not too much more expensive these days and that honeyburst finish on the ec model is very, very nice.

Low end LTDs are abysmal. The difference between a 400 series and a deluxe are quite distinguishable if you have both to try at the same time. Is it worth an extra £100, yes. Better wood, craftmanship and parts.
You obviously know nothing about the ESP/LTD brand.

Quote by metaligeologist
in a word, no.

I have an EC-500, which is basically the 401. I have no idea why they changed the name =S

Still, it's a great guitar for the price. If you go lower than this "401" series, you are literally throwing money away, unless you're not that advanced.

With the choice, go for the 1000. ESP basically sums up the differences between the ESP/LTD models:

Quote by ESP Guitars FAQ
What is the difference between ESP and LTD models? For example, the ESP Truckster seems so similar to the LTD Truckster, but the price is significantly different!
ESP guitars are built in our main factory and custom-shop located in Japan. These are completely built and assembled by highly skilled craftsmen using the best parts & wood selection. LTD guitars are produced in our factories outside of Japan (currently Korea or Indonesia), and are manufactured in larger quantities using an assembly-line production method.

The EC-1000, is a better guitar due to the higher quality parts used (tuners, bridge etc.) and how it is assembled, but the 401 is still a good guitar. Try them both out and make up your own mind, as it is you that will be playing it and we can only give our opinions.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature