Hi Guys!

Iam totally new to UG.com and was wondering if someone could help me in this great community..

I own a POD XT Live and a very small Marshall 15DFX Combo. Since iam a huge Disturbed fan, i was wondering how to setup my POD XT Live pedal to get this heavy distorted Disturbed sound. Espacially songs like Parasite (Intro), Down with the Sickness, Sons of Plunder, Indestructible... Can anybody help me with that?
Is it even possible to produce a steady good sound with my Marshall 15DFX combo?

I've tried the offical line6 Website and download some ".l6t files" but i couldnt find anything of the newer Disturbed songs.. (www.line6.com)

Thanx guys i appreciate your effort!

Greetings

Chris from Vienna, Austria
You're not gonna get too much of a positive feedback with that amp. Line 6 Spider III's and Marhshall MG's get flamed all over the place here as you'll seen see.

But, tweak with the sound a little bit, try getting as close as possible with the old Disturbed songs, then try adding stuff you wouldn't think of, such as a light/medium chorus.
Thank you for your reply!

So whats a good combo then for playing distorted and overdriven stuff like disturbed or shinedown?

I would prefer something that has a good balance between price and quality lets say 300 - 400 US Dollars? What should i get?

With regards

Christian
Quote by chrisi500
Thank you for your reply!

So whats a good combo then for playing distorted and overdriven stuff like disturbed or shinedown?

I would prefer something that has a good balance between price and quality lets say 300 - 400 US Dollars? What should i get?

With regards

Christian

I' d post a new thread for that question, as you'd get a much better response. Just state what you want, how much you're willing to pay, and what style you play. Theres a lot of good advice here.
Quote by chrisi500

A Randall RG50TC 50 Watt Tube amp is perfect (with tube and speaker upgrades), if you want to go cheap. You might need an overdrive pedal for songs like "Sons of Plunder" or "Stricken." "Indestructible" sounds just perfect without one, but you'll definitely need some sort of noise gate (I use an ISP Decimator G String). I play mine with a Jackson DKMGT Dinky electric guitar (EMG 85/81 pickups).

I got my amp for $300 USD, but I'm kinda getting sick of it since it's not very versatile IMO. A Peavey 5150/6505/6505+ will also get you the tones you want (I've played a few Disturbed covers on one and sounded pretty good), but don't just jump on it either.

If you want Dan Donegan's gear, look for a Randall RM50HB or RM100M head + cab (you don't really need the 100 Watt version). You can load various modules onto this amp head.

Modules:
http://randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/mts/modules.asp

Dan Donegan plays through the Randall RM4 Pre-amp and RT250 Power-amp (with the various modules), which are part of the Randall MTS Series.

If I were you, I'd just start out with the RG50TC tube combo. If you can, test this amp and other amps first (the RG50TC with stock parts doesn't sound nearly as good as one with new tubes and a Celestion Vintage 30).

P.S. You won't need the Digitech Dan Donegan "Weapon" pedal either.
Last edited by keennay at Feb 2, 2009,
Plug your POD XT into a good set of computer speakers or even better, studio monitors! it will sound much better than running it through an mg15.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis