just a curious question for those of you living on your own (or even those who aren't, you could always check the rental ads on craiglist).

whats the rent like in your city? is it high or low compared to the rest of the city? do you like what you pay for?

myself I'm living in Victoria BC Canada. I'm paying $694/month +utilities (electricity and phone/internet) for a 1 bedroom apartment. its pretty small, no balcony. its considered a low rent compared to the rest of the city. most places here seem to start around $750 or $800 a month for one bedroom. i've seen rent as high as a few Grand for waterside condos or houses as well..

Don't really like what i'm paying for, but i like spending money on landlords even less, so i just accept it for now
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Congratulations, I now know all your intimate financial information that I never wanted to know.

* Steals identity and **** *
My municipality is decent rent wise, but my city is one of the most expensive in Canada (TS probably knows).
Quote by Jackolas
Congratulations, I now know all your intimate financial information that I never wanted to know.

* Steals identity and **** *

good, you can steal all my debt that I acquired while vacationing in Japan.
im in melbourne...australia.

$300 to $400 for something decent.

i live in an 2 br apartment in the city with my mum...rent is $450 pw, but my mums work pays for it.

bling bling.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Kivarenn82
good, you can steal all my debt that I acquired while vacationing in Japan.

BLAST!!!

Foiled again.
Damn.

We're paying $1100 for a small two bedroom apartment made in the sixties, and we pay about $50 in electricity as water is covered.

And to think we got lucky, people envy us for having such "low" rent.

PS I'm in southern california.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
About $595 a month with utilities covered for a two bedroom with closets, living room, kitchen, closet for towels & sh*t, and full bathroom.

EDIT: I only pay half the rent, some groceries, and my mother and i's cell phone. She covers the rest, including phone/internet.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Feb 2, 2009,
$380 for a 1-bedroom apartment + gas (it has gas heat and a gas stove) + free Internet seeping out of the office (+ free SH-goes-and-fixes-it-every-time-their-garbage-router-goes-down) + water. The electric is a bitch in the summer though (western Oklahoma)...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Holy christ. I'm so getting screwed
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
hmmm, i lived in a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom house for 250 a month plus utilities while i wasn't on campus for uni. my room was bigger there and it wasn't a bad place -- not top notch, but it was still pretty decent. that's extremely low compared to others in my area, though. my sister paid about 450 (about the average for most places here), plus utilities not including water, for a noticeably smaller, but nicer place with the same number of beds/baths. it was in a gated community, though.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Last edited by faint_spirit at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by SteveHouse
$380 for a 1-bedroom apartment + gas (it has gas heat and a gas stove) + free Internet seeping out of the office (+ free SH-goes-and-fixes-it-every-time-their-garbage-router-goes-down) + water. The electric is a bitch in the summer though (western Oklahoma)...

nice! i only remember getting rents like that when i lived back in northwestern ontario

the first place i lived in was small but gorgeous (complete pine wood paneling.. looked like a ski lodge)

$350 all inclusive.
I'm in Toronto right near High Park. Rent is expensive where I'm living but it's my girlfriends Aunt's condo so we get a deal on rent (1200 a month, marked down from 1800).
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Jarrott
I'm in Toronto right near High Park. Rent is expensive where I'm living but it's my girlfriends Aunt's condo so we get a deal on rent (1200 a month, marked down from 1800).

Great Goggles of Carol. That's a HUGE markdown. Ours is only down from $420!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

i was staying in a two bedroom two bathroom townhome for $930 dollars a month. i had roommates and split that four ways so i only payed $232.50 you're from canada right?i don't want to look dumb but what kind of money do they use there?

this kind.

on the exchange its known as the CAD (canadian Dollar)

(edited picture.. unthinkingly had the 'old' currency up..)
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Kivarenn82

this kind.

on the exchange its known as the CAD (canadian Dollar)

you learn something new everyday. now i'm gonna brag to my friend that i know what kind of money Canadians use... or not.
^Old picture being quoted amuses me, dunno why.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
^Old picture being quoted amuses me, dunno why.

i quote faster than he edits. should i be proud?
Quote by skaterskagg1
i quote faster than he edits. should i be proud?

I'm not sure, actually. Either proud or kinda sad, one.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa