Hi guys, a little help please,

i cant search for a more helpful place because my internets gone weird so i really need your help!

every time i use a search engine (since today), all the results have linked to other search sites. This is on google and msn search in both firefox and internet explorer.

i cleared my cache and its still doing it

whats going on?

the only thing that i've downloaded is a demo of eve online... which is fairly boring... but i dont think that would have messed up my search?

i'd appreciate a useful responce
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
thats what happened to me the other day.
could be a virus... thats what i was told
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
This happened to me once. It was a malware problem.

You should try downloading a malware detector of some sort and scan your computer for any suspicious files.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
okay thanks

i searched yahoo answers and found out i have a "browser hijacker", and they reccomended downloading ad-aware which i'm doing now

so if anyone else has this problem... do that

i'll let you know if it fixes it
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
RIGHT

Virus scans did not come up with anything, but i'll keep trying that, but i HAVE fixed the problem.

I deleted the wdmaud.sys file in Windows/System32 which seemed to be causing the prob

this site helped alot: http://www.andydidyk.com/2009/01/04/7770-google-redirect-virus-alert/comment-page-1/
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Quote by SOADisdabest
Just out of curiosity, are certain programs shutting down as soon as you type anything into them?

That has been happening to me lately. It's quite frustrating.
This happened to me once. Infact I think I made a thread about it.

Can't remember what I did, I think in the end I basically formatted my computer.
Ah yeah it's coming back to me now, this virus is a bitch.

Basically it stopped the internet from working properly. All the virus software/spyware software that I used to try and remove it was rendered useless.

Norton was trying to update itself via the internet but couldn't seeing as the virus mucked it up, so I had no choice but to format.

EDIT: Searched my threads, found my old one.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965826

Not that it helps <_<
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by nodtomc

very hirrrrrrraaaaaaaarrrrrious
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Quote by nodtomc
you need to delete the system 32 folder

You know that's against the rules right?
hello
Quote by opc100
You know that's against the rules right?

*looks at rules, finds nothing*
nope
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by nodtomc
*looks at rules, finds nothing*
nope

Oh, I'm sure I saw it once, but it's still kinda of tawttish.
hello