First, apologies if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed the best fit other than the pit, and there I'd get the generic unhelpful Pit answers. ><

Anyway, my bands finally starting off. Had our first meet on Saturday. Went pretty well except that our hands went numb every few minutes from the cold(Never try to shred when your a blues guy and it's 27 degrees Fahrenheit), and because the member that was bringing the mic(I don't recall which) forgot the mic, the vocals had to outpower three guitarists and a drummer(bassist was sick and the keyboardist's keyboard stopped working the night before), one of sed guitarists using an old 100W Krank halfstack. Needless to say sed effort was kind of pitiful. To cut to the point, it's being brought next time and plugged into the low-gain channel on the Krank, so sound shouldn't be a problem, but I do need two things as the guitarist/vocalist;

Mic stand(Cheap, no more than $20 since we don't know how long this band will last or whether we'll just get a dedicated vocalist who can hold it)

An adapter to allow whatever type of output mics use to be used with a 3/4 jack(Same as the above price-wise)

So, GG&A, help here? Much appreciated as always.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
3 guitarists and a keyboardist? You guys lynrd skynrd or something?

Just go to your local music shop and have a look. They often have a ton of cheap mic stands. I'd recommend a boom stand if you're playing guitar at the same time. I'd just buy a lead which has female XLR (mic lead) to a guitar jack male. That's what I used to use when I used an old guitar amp for vocals. Not too expensive either.
Quote by Weybl Himself

Just go to your local music shop and have a look. They often have a ton of cheap mic stands. I'd recommend a boom stand if you're playing guitar at the same time. I'd just buy a lead which has female XLR (mic lead) to a guitar jack male. That's what I used to use when I used an old guitar amp for vocals. Not too expensive either.

We're actually all Skynyrd fans ironically, and it was actually more of a fluke than anything else; through a miscommunication due to one of the other guitarists and the bassist both being named Jake, the drummer had a friend of his come over, and after thinking it over, the Jake that did come and I agreed that the third guitar filled the sound he and I had in our head the jams we had prior to the band. I would kill for Ed King's hands and RVZ's pipes though.

Alright then, will take a look when I go to a local shop to get a new tremolo bar for my strat(Though not as much as Steve Vai, I'm a wanker, and as such my bar is stripped partially and in need of replacement). Thanks for the advice.

No worries man, also, don't skimp on the quality of the cable, cheap cables sound **** and break often.
Quote by Weybl Himself

Gomez have 3 guitarists and a keyboardist
Quote by Weybl Himself
No worries man, also, don't skimp on the quality of the cable, cheap cables sound **** and break often.

I learned that when I bought a $5 20'. Worst investment I've made, besides possibly my Phase 90(It's a great pedal, I just have little to no use for it). At least I learned one way or another though. XP