Hello, Im researching the prs custom 24 before buying one. Can anybody answer these questions about the construction and wiring?

1: birds vs dots/moons
why are some models availabe with birds and others with moons or dots? are they submodels of the custom?

2: rotary switch vs/ toggle switch
why are some customs available with a rotary switch and others with a 3-way toggle switch? which one is more expensive?

3: neck and headstock wood material.
why are some necks have a dark brown headstock whereas others have a light colored headstock? are there cheaper submodels? What are my options in terms of a new, 2009 guitar?

Help me out here, because im finding different versions of the same model and the prs website doesnt say much about it. They're all supposed to be custom 24s but why all the differences?

thank you.
The birds are an option. The rotary switch looks nicer i think but i prefer the toggle switch with coil tapping for versatility. The third is (as far as I know) just cosmetic.

they're all custom 24's cause they have custom options i guess
Last edited by adambauman31 at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by deathmetalshred
Hello, Im researching the prs custom 24 before buying one. Can anybody answer these questions about the construction and wiring?

1: birds vs dots/moons
why are some models availabe with birds and others with moons or dots? are they submodels of the custom?

2: rotary switch vs/ toggle switch
why are some customs available with a rotary switch and others with a 3-way toggle switch? which one is more expensive?

3: neck and headstock wood material.
why are some necks have a dark brown headstock whereas others have a light colored headstock? are there cheaper submodels? What are my options in terms of a new, 2009 guitar?

Help me out here, because im finding different versions of the same model and the prs website doesnt say much about it. They're all supposed to be custom 24s but why all the differences?

thank you.

I think it all comes down to your preferences.

I believe they are all relatively the same in price, just find the one that best suits you. Oh, and don't buy without playing it first. Especially with a guitar this expensive.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
These things are just different customisation options they've selected when building the guitar. Price shouldn't be affected by more than 100 dollars in regards to inlays and switches.

If you're looking at buying a Custom 24 from a dealer rather than having one built to your specifications, you're going to have to look for one with the features you want.