you mean the way Eddie had it?

Having it like that will let you only push down on it (dive bomb)
Although if you recess it:

you will be able to pull up and dive bomb

Have a look at this:

I: Floating
II: Dive Bomb
III: Pull up
Without recessing you will only be able to divebomb

EDIT: With the floyd rose, you will either have to give it a neck angle or recess it a tiny bit, the saddles are alot higher than other bridges so the action will be sky high without a neck angle slight recess.

Also, don't buy a licensed floyd rose, buy either an Original, Gotoh or Schaller. You will regret buying a licenced one, they can't keep tune for shit, and if there soft metal the strings will make grooves in them leaving sharp edges for the strings to snap on ALL THE TIME!
I know this from personal experience...
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Feb 2, 2009,
If you flush mount it, you will only be able to dive. You will likely still have to route the body a little bit because the Floyd sits up so much higher than a standard bridge. Even with shimming my neck, the action on mine was still really high until I recessed the floyd into the body a little bit.
Quote by eyebanez333
If you flush mount it, you will only be able to dive. You will likely still have to route the body a little bit because the Floyd sits up so much higher than a standard bridge. Even with shimming my neck, the action on mine was still really high until I recessed the floyd into the body a little bit.

hey, I was talking to you about this earlier :p

Yeah, I'm just gonna get that TremKing.
Quote by sglover34479
hey, I was talking to you about this earlier :p

Yeah, I'm just gonna get that TremKing.

I know I seen a Frankenstrat question so of course I had to click on the thread.
Said it before and say it again.
you will still be able to pull it up by raising the pivot screws. it will not be as much as with a recessed one but still.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Said it before and say it again.
you will still be able to pull it up by raising the pivot screws. it will not be as much as with a recessed one but still.

But you're also going to raise the action...and if you're putting a floyd flush on a body the action is going to be high anyway, even if you shim the neck. Anyway, the amount you will be able to pull up isn't worth the higher action.
Quote by eyebanez333
But you're also going to raise the action...and if you're putting a floyd flush on a body the action is going to be high anyway, even if you shim the neck. Anyway, the amount you will be able to pull up isn't worth the higher action.

Yep.