Here is the story....
Eric Clapton (and more specifically the song "Layla") made me want to play guitar. so when it came time to get a real guitar and get rid of my epi SG, i knew i wanted a black fender strat with a maple neck but didn't have $1600 for a clapton sig . So i bought a 2008 MIA strat for 850 at GC, for christmas got a set of Lace Hot Golds and a midboost kit which came in yesterday . And now i have a better Clapton start for about $800 less(after fender price hike)!!! plus i have a better bridge, tuners and bigger frets than the Clapton sig. i don't care if anyone reads this, im just so happy i have the guitar of my dreams and this one means so much more to me because i did all the work on it.... and i have nicknamed it...."Frankie" after my grandpa and uncle frank who paid for half and the "construction" i did on it like EC and EVH. can't wait to go home and play it, it plays like a dream and im just so damn happy !!!!!
Quote by Blackie08
Here is the story....
Eric Clapton (and more specifically the song "Layla") made me want to play guitar. so when it came time to get a real guitar and get rid of my epi SG, i knew i wanted a black fender strat with a maple neck but didn't have $1600 for a clapton sig . So i bought a 2008 MIA strat for 850 at GC, for christmas got a set of Lace Hot Golds and a midboost kit which came in yesterday . And now i have a better Clapton start for about $800 less(after fender price hike)!!! plus i have a better bridge, tuners and bigger frets than the Clapton sig. i don't care if anyone reads this, im just so happy i have the guitar of my dreams and this one means so much more to me because i did all the work on it.... and i have nicknamed it...."Frankie" after my grandpa and uncle frank who paid for half and the "construction" i did on it like EC and EVH. can't wait to go home and play it, it plays like a dream and im just so damn happy !!!!!

...uh oh

On-topic: Congrats, hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
gotta love strats...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
dont like strats generally but modded ones are awesome
hope you post pics
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Congrats on the guitar!
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
noice
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Way to go man. Congrats.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
very nice
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
good for you bro - welcome to the club....

and chicks dig guitar players - there is no better way into their panties
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]