Why is it that the tuner pedal (boss TU-2) should go first in the effects loop? Is it ok to put it last, because when I put mine first I always get a buzzing noise when another distortion pedal is on and I'm trying to tune up?
Cheers.
Ok, how do I stop the buzzing noise whilst tuning though because I thought when the tuner is on, everything else is muted?
Cheers
does that buzzing noice come from the tuner?

if it does, you need 2 press the speaker button on the tuner
Quote by tallicaown
does that buzzing noice come from the tuner?

if it does, you need 2 press the speaker button on the tuner

Yes I think you're right, which ones the speaker button on a TU-2 boss tuner though??
Sounds like your having some sound bleed through...could be the cables, or it could just be the tuner. My old Boss pedal did something similar, it was more of a hum though, but I never had a distortion pedal on as well
Quote by eyebanez333
Sounds like your having some sound bleed through...could be the cables, or it could just be the tuner. My old Boss pedal did something similar, it was more of a hum though, but I never had a distortion pedal on as well

I think it may be the cables as I have tried another TU-2 tuner that works well in someone elses amp and guitar and cables but not mine, is it more likely to be the cables before the tuner or after the tuner is this is the case?
Cheers
Quote by jacko_17
I think it may be the cables as I have tried another TU-2 tuner that works well in someone elses amp and guitar and cables but not mine, is it more likely to be the cables before the tuner or after the tuner is this is the case?
Cheers

Hard to say, it could be either really. Try switching them around, or try another cable in both places.
Is it possible that it could be the power supply as I'm not using a boss power supply? Because when I swap this one with a boss power supply it no longer makes that noise?
Cheers
Quote by jacko_17
Is it possible that it could be the power supply as I'm not using a boss power supply? Because when I swap this one with a boss power supply it no longer makes that noise?
Cheers

Yes this could be the problem. Do you daisy chain this power to the other pedals?
Are you using the tuner in your FX loop? Usually it would be out in front of the amp getting the purest signal from your guitar. And yes the power supply can have a big effect on noise in pedals.
Ah well yes I use a daisy chain power supply but not with a boss adaptor so I think that is the problem. Is it alright to use a boss power supply with pedals such as MXR or Electro Harmonix though as they seem to be working fine with the current power supply?
Cheers