Is there anyway to true bypass a boss sd-1?

if so does anyone have any schematics/diagrams?

cheers
putting a true bypass in that would give an electronics engineer a headache. any switch thats solid state and not a hardwire connection is integral to the circutry enough that it would be like open heart surgery. however there is a way to use it with true bypass. you can build a bypass box. its like an FX loop or multiple FX loops and theyre not too hard to build. basically you have one in and one out and however many loops you need each with their own in and out plugs. you can plug anything you want into the loop and when you hit the switch the signal goes through and when you hit it again its bypassed by the true bypass switch in the box so you can just leave any FX you want on all the time and use the true bypass switch to send the signal through it or not. or buy this.

http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=57
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 2, 2009,
yea i understand. am studying electronic engineering at university atm. i have read a few places you can true bypass it but its not totally bypassed
Quote by snooksy
yea i understand. am studying electronic engineering at university atm. i have read a few places you can true bypass it but its not totally bypassed

im no electronics major but to the best of my knowledge the bypass box if essentially the same thing as pedals with mechanical hardwire bypasses as far as tone retention is concerned, seeing as its the same type of mechanical switch. maybe theyre talking about that "open heart surgery" i mentioned earlier when they say it cant be hardwire bypassed?
This pedal uses flip flop switches for buffered bypass. Doing the internal stuff for truebypass isnt that hard to do as long as it isnt all surface mount parts. The hard part is going to be putting the heavy switch in the existing housing. This system of flip flop and buffered input/output isnt that bad. Its not a big tone sucker as other designs. There have been various bypass systems used in TS9s some were true bypass input to output others had the big switch but still used the buffers. Have a look at them.
Like Tackleberry said, the hard part will be the alterations to the circuit board. Some guys over at diystompboxes.com have done this in the past and as an EE, you might enjoy the site anyways. If you don't really want to mess with much, I'd definately do the true bypass with an external box as was mentioned previously.