Could lowering the action on my Ibanez make it easier to catch natural harmonics? Ive been trying to learn how to dive the whammy bar and catch a natural harmonic to make it squeal, but its hard to catch them on my guitar.

Thanks much.
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Haha, MORE COWBELL!

On topic, check out a youtube vid. It could probably explain better than we can. I'm assuming a natural harmonic is a pinch harmonic? If so, it's all in the technique of your right hand. But like I said, a youtube video will do you some justice.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Haha.XD

Natural harmonics are different from pinch harmonics, I can do pinch.
Natural is more left hand, its when you put your finger on a string over a fret but dont push down. It makes a high harmonic, and when you flick a string and dive with the whammy you can catch the harmonic at the bottom of the dive and pull back up and it'll squeal. Im just having issues catching the harmonic. Just wondering if lowering the action could help.
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
No, lower action makes it harder to hit natural harmonics because there's less room for the string to vibrate.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No, lower action makes it harder to hit natural harmonics because there's less room for the string to vibrate.

W00T there it is!
Quote by Jdtx76033
Haha.XD

Natural harmonics are different from pinch harmonics, I can do pinch.
Natural is more left hand, its when you put your finger on a string over a fret but dont push down. It makes a high harmonic, and when you flick a string and dive with the whammy you can catch the harmonic at the bottom of the dive and pull back up and it'll squeal. Im just having issues catching the harmonic. Just wondering if lowering the action could help.

I can do both with ease, but I always mix up the names. xD
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
You also want to ensure that your intonation is correct. If your intonation is out you might be trying to catch the harmonic in the wrong spot.