so i f-ed up and called a teacher a ****er the other day...jokingly

usually its cool. she doesnt mind the swearing too much but i guess she was in a bad mood

anyway i got suspended for it and in my time at home i was thinking a little...

do suspensions really work? i mean, do they actually teach a lesson at all?

i got in trouble and got an extended weekend out of it...i think i wanna do this more often lol

what are your thoughts?
It might not seem bad in the short term, but in the long run, you're gonna get screwed with grades if you keep doing that. If you're suspended, you can't catch up on the work you missed.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
What do your parents think of this, and do you realise your missing out on education and therefore becoming a dumbass?
They are based on the thought that you would get behind in your work and have to work that much harder to catch up. The problem is that most kids nowadays couldn't care less if they ever catch up or get good grades. Also, the kids who do usually care about getting good grades are also the ones less likely to get suspended. So, in a word, No.
I got suspended a few times when I was at school. Never really caused me any problems. I still got offered a place at Cambridge, for example.
Quote by smb
I got suspended a few times when I was at school. Never really caused me any problems. I still got offered a place at Cambridge, for example.

You have knowledge of punctuation and grammar. There's a reason it didn't affect you as much. You are smarter.
Quote by ajricketts
They are based on the thought that you would get behind in your work and have to work that much harder to catch up. The problem is that most kids nowadays couldn't care less if they ever catch up or get good grades. Also, the kids who do usually care about getting good grades are also the ones less likely to get suspended. So, in a word, No.

Where I came from, if you got suspended, you couldn't catch up on the work. The teachers just wouldn't give it to you. If you missed a test due to a suspension, you got an automatic zero on it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
You could dress up like the Joker and run at your teacher with a knife.

That'll get you at least expelled. Then you won't have school for a whole year!
I got suspended for calling my teacher an asshole, also jokingly. In my defense, he called me a jerk. I got suspended for a day. My dad didn't really care though, so it was cool. We even went to the Houston Symphony later to see Eliot Fisk preform. FRONT ROW!
suspensions are a joke. the only thing it does besides giving kids a free weekend is hurting their grades which is not what school is about. instead of suspension they should make the kid write and essay or something school related. If the intent of a suspension is to make a kid miss class to lower grade.. they should just lower the grade and make the kid stay at school.
im a senior this year with easy classes...im not getting behind on any work lol

and also im not really planning on getting suspended alot....i was just thinking

but "do bad things" and "get a day off" dont seem like they go together to me but that what a suspension does

i would much rather get suspended or get a detention or an ATS(stay 3-4 hour after school)....which are both punishments UNDER that of a suspension

in other words: get detention....ship it.....now u get an ATS for skipping detention....if you skip that you get suspended one day
Quote by goest
You could dress up like the Joker and run at your teacher with a knife.

That'll get you at least expelled. Then you won't have school for a whole year!

And if you get arrested, you can plead insanity! It all works out!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by tygur91

and also im not really planning on getting suspended alot....i was just thinking

but "do bad things" and "get a day off" dont seem like they go together to me but that what a suspension does

i would much rather get suspended or get a detention or an ATS(stay 3-4 hour after school)....which are both punishments UNDER that of a suspension

in other words: get detention....ship it.....now u get an ATS for skipping detention....if you skip that you get suspended one day

Seeing as I didn't understand a damn word of that, methinks you need to get your ass back in the classroom.

Quote by CTFOD
And if you get arrested, you can plead insanity! It all works out!

Quote by goest
Seeing as I didn't understand a damn word of that, methinks you need to get your ass back in the classroom.

yeah haha idk....i can talk good and all...i have good grammer....but i just type fast and im not about to go through and correct every single grammer error. its just a forum post
Quote by viperdude
suspensions are a joke. the only thing it does besides giving kids a free weekend is hurting their grades which is not what school is about. instead of suspension they should make the kid write and essay or something school related. If the intent of a suspension is to make a kid miss class to lower grade.. they should just lower the grade and make the kid stay at school.

This.

Suspensions should only be given to someone who is Hurting someoen ellse/bullying etc,
if the teacher cant take it that someone calls him/her a name well whoopity doo get another jobb,it's kids your working whith...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by tygur91

English classes perhaps?

EDIT: Never mind. Anyway I do find suspensions pointless most if the time, especially if those concerned skip school all the time anyway.
Last edited by a_man at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by tygur91
yeah haha idk....i can talk good and all...i have good grammer....but i just type fast and im not about to go through and correct every single grammer error. its just a forum post

Need more evidence.
Quote by wizards?
You're an idiot. You insulted the teacher, so you deserved it. End of story.
This.

But suspension are useless. You do something bad... and you get a suspension, so you can stay at home? WTF, we all know that people love to stay at home and don't want to go to school. They should make you stay at school longer, not shorter.
Quote by tygur91
so i f-ed up and called a teacher a ****er the other day

naughty boy
Quote by Poglia
This.

But suspension are useless. You do something bad... and you get a suspension, so you can stay at home? WTF, we all know that people love to stay at home and don't want to go to school. They should make you stay at school longer, not shorter.

Yeah, but it goes on your record if you want a place in a good university or job. One might not matter, but they build up.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
but it goes on your record if you want a place in a good university or job
Not in my country, so they are COMPLETELY useless here
Quote by Jackolas
Need more evidence.

dammit

cuff me im a horrible horrible person

cant spell "grammar" when im typing fast and dont really care just as long as YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT
If I'm taking the time to read your innane rant you should at least spend some time putting together coherant sentences.
Quote by JackalUK
If I'm taking the time to read your innane rant you should at least spend some time putting together coherant sentences.

i think they're pretty coherent...

it not like im going "suspend me i dont like school sucks suspension not work good but i dotn care i get freetime and no school so its all good"

would u rather i talk like that?
Quote by tygur91
so i f-ed up and called a teacher a ****er the other day...jokingly

usually its cool. she doesnt mind the swearing too much but i guess she was in a bad mood

anyway i got suspended for it and in my time at home i was thinking a little...

do suspensions really work? i mean, do they actually teach a lesson at all?

i got in trouble and got an extended weekend out of it...i think i wanna do this more often lol

what are your thoughts?

In-school suspension is the way to go. All the mind-numbing work of school without the benefit of any other human contact.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by JackalUK
You have knowledge of punctuation and grammar. There's a reason it didn't affect you as much. You are smarter.

You seem to be a bit cranky today.
Have some tea.

Also:
BADASS.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Last edited by Ovenman at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Ovenman
You seem to be a bit cranky today.
Have some tea.

Also:
BADASS

Is that seriously tea?
Tea should look like this

Not like a coffee/caramel mix
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
same **** happened to me. suspensions only make you madder at the teachers.