hey guys... i need help on bass amps ... i need a bass amp thats over 60W and is good enough for small performances say hotel lobbies and stuff... i also need it to be low cost... as in not sooo expensive low to average price... thanks
Music drives me.
Probably have better luck in the bass thread. I'll get a mod to move it
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
For a small performance you need at least 200 watts...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
hey dude ashdown ASHDOWN MAG-C115-300 i 300 watts and its a brilliant amp played a festival stage with it and the sound is bloody brilliant
id suggest an acoustic b200 as you made need more than 60 watts IMO
Last edited by 4 strings at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire
For a small performance you need at least 200 watts...

Not necessarily. I do small performances with my 100 watt Ampeg.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Not necessarily. I do small performances with my 100 watt Ampeg.

yes, but nobody hears you.

I think the Ashdown is great, and the Acoustic is a wee bit better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
yes, but nobody hears you.

I think the Ashdown is great, and the Acoustic is a wee bit better.

See, there's where you're wrong bud. I have to turn it up pretty high, but I can be heard.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
The acoustic may be good but its stupid.

Get the ashdown its a great amp.

Edit: food are you standing right beside it. You might be able to hear it but no one else can especially with an ampeg combo, and i say this cause im an ampeg fan.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by food1010
See, there's where you're wrong bud. I have to turn it up pretty high, but I can be heard.

Standing right next to your amp, probably facing it, you probably heard yourself, yes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'd aim for about 200-300 watts if you're aiming for small performances.
The Markbass F1 (or maybe the LittleMark) is dirt cheap for what you get out of it. And tiny. Then its a matter of finding a cab you like.
Guys, the wattage really depends on what style you're playing. I did my first three ears of live playing with a 40W Peavey from the 80's, and never had problems being heard. My little brother's melodeath band used the same amp with a mic on it for live shows for their first year. Nothing is impossible. (although I admit, that little bugger was loud for a 40W)

With a decent cab, 200W or so will be fine for most applications and leave some headroom to work with. If you're playing a gig that needs more than that, they'll have a PA you can go through.
Nope, no sig here.
im just using it for some hotel lobby thing.. thats all..

EDIT: + im micing it...
Music drives me.
Last edited by bert000 at Feb 3, 2009,
Hmm well in that case youll need 12000 watts of pure awesomeness. giant power amp wityh an ampeg svp pro running through it, into 4 2x15s and 4 6x10s, Youll just be able to cover it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
The acoustic may be good but its stupid.

Get the ashdown its a great amp.

Edit: food are you standing right beside it. You might be able to hear it but no one else can especially with an ampeg combo, and i say this cause im an ampeg fan.

How?

The B200 has a 6 band EQ and has the nicest tone of any bass amp for around 350USD.

Get the Acoustic.
200 watts is enough for gigging, I do it and im heard very easily.
Ya but from what i heard you need an extension to get the full power.
Now to me personnaly putting what like 60 watts into a cab, which you have to buy on top of the amp, its retarded. Now i dont know for sure if you have to buy the extension.
120-140 will do band practise but no gig ive ever played or even been too.

200 watts is just cutting it mate.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ya but from what i heard you need an extension to get the full power.
Now to me personnaly putting what like 60 watts into a cab, which you have to buy on top of the amp, its retarded. Now i dont know for sure if you have to buy the extension.
120-140 will do band practise but no gig ive ever played or even been too.

200 watts is just cutting it mate.

I dont understand what you mean, the amp is 200 watts. You can add a cabinet if you want.......

I dont know where you gig or how many people you play in front of but I turn mine up about half way and it is easily heard over two guitarists, a synth player, a singer and a loud ass drummer.
How can the amp run at 200 watts if you can add an extension, this means that the speaker in it is 8 ohms so you need to add another 8 ohm to get all the power, ie the extension, or does it have a magical power amp.

So evrey venue you play has a huge pa, theyt let you plug in evreywere. I was borrowing a 300 watt rig running a 4x10 and 1x15 for all my gigs. I was boosting it quite alot, eithier over 1 or 2 guitars a singer a nd drummer.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
How can the amp run at 200 watts if you can add an extension, this means that the speaker in it is 8 ohms so you need to add another 8 ohm to get all the power, ie the extension, or does it have a magical power amp.

So evrey venue you play has a huge pa, theyt let you plug in evreywere. I was borrowing a 300 watt rig running a 4x10 and 1x15 for all my gigs. I was boosting it quite alot, eithier over 1 or 2 guitars a singer a nd drummer.

Acoustic doesnt force you to buy an extension cabinet. The amp runs 200 watts through a 15'' speaker. Obviously if you add cabinets it wont run the full 200 watts....I dont really understand what you are trying to say here.

TS said he doesnt have a large budget...

I was running my amp into a DI box at the last show I played which was over 500 people, I highly doubt TS will be playing a show of this size with a moderate budget and even if he is they will either mic you or run you through a DI.
Re we talking aboutm the combo or the head, how can the amp run at 200 watts if you add another speaker or dsoes it run down to 2 ohms.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Re we talking aboutm the combo or the head, how can the amp run at 200 watts if you add another speaker or dsoes it run down to 2 ohms.

I was talking about the B200 combo, not the B200H head.

The B600H runs at 2ohms, and its just a head.
Ok does the 200 watt combo run at two ohms. If not too add an extension speaker which i presume it has a speaker out for. It has too run at 8 ohms otherwise the combo would overload. And so it cant be running at 200 watts without the extension.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ok does the 200 watt combo run at two ohms. If not too add an extension speaker which i presume it has a speaker out for. It has too run at 8 ohms otherwise the combo would overload. And so it cant be running at 200 watts without the extension.

What...........a combo amp runs at the wattage it is rated at, it doesnt matter if there is an extension cabinet or not. If there was an extension cabinet it would lessen the wattage. The combo puts 200W @ 4 ohms into a 15'' speaker, I dont know what you mean when you say it cant be running at 200 watts without an extenion.